Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Viper 791XV (p/n 564V)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Default Viper 791XV (p/n 564V)

I just installed the Viper 791XV (p/n 564V) and a fuel cut off switch . Im thinking of adding the DEI 507M DIGITAL TILT SENSOR , DEI 522T TRUNK-RELEASE SOLENOID and DEI 530T POWER WINDOW AUTOMATION SYSTEM . Any of you guys have these extra mods and have you encountered any probs with em? I also have the club for the brake pedal the ,as seen on tv one. For my hood ive been thinking of wraping one of those firearm chains that they place through the barrel for secureity and loop it to the chasis some how. Any tips and advice for securing my civic is welcome....

[IMG]local://upfiles/6633/70347BF2DC9A46E8877C1C06198B90F6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6633/3856825C7D434E3BB3AC92FE974DC2C1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6633/AED174E78A614B3F8609E163BD67D83C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Default RE: Viper 791XV (p/n 564V)

?

Old 11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

Now all you need is to do like THIS guy did!

Old 11-08-2006, 06:16 PM

lol that sounds like something I would do if not worse [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 11-08-2006, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

How much did all that cost you, by the way? I am thinking of getting a car alarm, but I dont need anything as incredible as yours... i live in a neighborhood of old people and insomniacs... on a cul-de-sac... next door to a retired police officer... the area hasnt had a crime since 1980 when Mt.St.Helens exploded and the neighbors all sped out of the neighborhood (thus commiting many speeding crimes!)

Old 11-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya sorry but all of that seems a bit of overkill!!!!!!!
tell ya what... i coulst still steal your car and be gone in a matter of seconds!!!!!!

alls it takes is a tow truck and a driver..... some repo guys have pickuptrucks that just have some sweet setup of hydrolocs and forks that folds outta the bed... an dhooks your wheels and just picks them up and you drive off...
way to..... a flat bed truck and a strong winch......

think about it..... who realy things twice about a tow truck picken up and driving off with a car.... most people would laugh and say.... .hahahha looks like someone didnt pay thier car payment.. .REPOOOOOOO and just be laughing at you when realy your cars geting stolen....

but anyways with the remote power windows those are a nice little toy to play with BUT they are not very good for security reasons.... as one.. if ya put any pressure on the glass while its trying to roll up the unit senses the pressure from voltage draw and it shuts off power so it stops and your windows still down....
yes ive had them before. fun toy HELL YA!!!!!! but either stand thier and watch all your windows roll up or just MANUALY ROLL THEM UP.LOL

now thier is a few good ideas for good alarm systems...
one a good LCD paging alarm system... most have great paging distances and they page the remote control when the alarm is slightly triggered and also fully triggered....

also a tilt sensor and a glass breakage sensor.
and a backup battery for the alarm....
and most important.... a nicely INSTALED ALARM SYSTEM... every entry must be monitored! the alarm system shoul dbe properly secured up high in the dash or another abnormal location taht is not typical! ive heard of just about every location posible from passenger side dash, behind center consol, under console, seats and even instaled in the trunk.... yes its alot more work BUT if the wires are all taped and covered to look practicaly stock the thief wont have any plain wires to just rip loose from the alarms brain if they just reached under the dash!
and the backup alarm battery is defiantly the best option to buy as well! so even if they do pop your hood and cut your battery cables or just rip em off your secondary alarms battery will still be conected to the alarm system and siren will still be blazen leaving them dumb founded!!!!!!!! LOL

and if ya want to protect your hood it can be secured with a chain and a padlock.... just bolt one piece of chain to your engine block.... and another piece of chain conected to hood up front.... then use abunch of electrical tape and wrap the chains realy good... (just to prevent them from rattling under the hood also wont show up that great at night if they can get under your car)
and then just use the padlock to conect the 2 pieces of chains together preaty tight so the hood wont open to much but still enough that you can get to the padlock and unlock it
you can also do the trunk lid the same way!

everything else is jsut overkill and is just a pain everytime you want to get it and go.LOL

Old 11-09-2006, 12:17 AM

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

How much did all that cost you, by the way? I am thinking of getting a car alarm, but I dont need anything as incredible as yours... i live in a neighborhood of old people and insomniacs... on a cul-de-sac... next door to a retired police officer... the area hasnt had a crime since 1980 when Mt.St.Helens exploded and the neighbors all sped out of the neighborhood (thus commiting many speeding crimes!)
Lmao lucky you bro. I would bolt my car to the pavement if I could. I had a friend install it for me . In total it ran me about $450 with the fuel cut off switch and comes with one LCD remote. It was worth every penny if you ask me. Once i install the tilt sensor (which is cheap like $30 bucks) ill be a bit on the safer side as far as towing is concerened. The window remote mod and trunk solenoid is just for sh*ts and giggles. Make sure you get a guy who has alot of expereince to install your alarm specialy if its a viper or clifford.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

just remember... ya need a signal from your alarm for the remote windows and your truck poper...
i advice puting in a 3way switch.... one way it powers the remote window rolldown feature.... and the other way for the trunk poper...
thats how i had it in my old towncar when i had those.... cause in the winter time ya never need that option.LOL

Old 11-09-2006, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

i have a viper with the tilt option, i have never really tested it out before tho..i tried moving the car back and forth but i got nothing, probably because the sensitvitly was low, i also have the movement senser if theres anything moving inside your car, glass brake, and i have a pin on my hood/doors/trunk, since its winter and theres nothing on my car to steal, i have a bit of time to do some new things, a fule cut which i can do for free, and relocate the hood release...my car is usually stored inside too