Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

What subs can I run?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What subs can I run?

Yeah, I think thats what i'm going to do....get a nice ported box, and one 12".
Is there anything better than the P2 that I can run thats not to powerful , since I'm saving some money by only getting 1 sub.
Maybe an Alpine Type S or something?

Old 08-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

na you can wire two of those subs together for a 2ohm load...
wire each sub at 1ohm parrellel... both negatives together and then both positives together.... on each sub THEN take the positives from ONE subwoofer and wire it to the amplifiers + terminal... THEN with another wire conect that subwoofers NEGATIVE wire to the POSITIVE wires on the 2nd sub... then the NEGATIVE wire off the 2nd sub to the amplifiers -terminal... and then ya got a 2ohm load

its called BRIDGED/PARRELLEL

Old 08-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member

in my opinion... IF you want more bass...... buy the sub larger/higher models and be able to upgrade the amplifier later down the road

Old 08-24-2007, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

I just went to a couple of stores and tryed out a few and noticed the box the subs are in makes a huuuge difference.
I think one 12" in a nice ported box is all i need since I have the back speakers amped aswell.
But still not sure which is better Alpine Type S, Kicker comp CVR, P2, or P3 ....... any huge difference betwen these?

Old 08-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well check the sensitivity... usualy higher is beter cause it will get louder on less power...
but other than that its what you like the looks of as well... just be sure to get the right ohm voice coil configuration to run with your amplifier...
if they cannt work with yoru amplifier for best power output then id cross them off the list

Old 08-25-2007, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

I like these ones....Can I run one 12"???
and which one should I get the 2ohm or 4 ohm???
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5317
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5318

Old 08-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if your running a SINGLE sub.... then get the dual 4ohm voice coil configuration... that will give ya a final 2ohm load for the amplifier....

Old 08-25-2007, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

wire each sub at 1ohm parrellel... both negatives together and then both positives together.... on each sub THEN take the positives from ONE subwoofer and wire it to the amplifiers + terminal... THEN with another wire conect that subwoofers NEGATIVE wire to the POSITIVE wires on the 2nd sub... then the NEGATIVE wire off the 2nd sub to the amplifiers -terminal... and then ya got a 2ohm load

there dual 4 ohm so the coils in parallel would put them each at 2 ohm, then the subs in series would be back up to 4.
so the overall ohm load would be 4. if they were dual 2 ohm then yes you would have been right.

but anyway those kickers look pretty nice, I like most of their subs. andn if you are gonna bet one get the ones in the bottom link, and if you want two on the same amp, get the top ones.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Sigracer10

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

there dual 4 ohm so the coils in parallel would put them each at 2 ohm, then the subs in series would be back up to 4.
so the overall ohm load would be 4. if they were dual 2 ohm then yes you would have been right.

but anyway those kickers look pretty nice, I like most of their subs. andn if you are gonna bet one get the ones in the bottom link, and if you want two on the same amp, get the top ones.
i was talking about the other subs he asked about.
ORIGINAL: HONDA_GUY

How about 2 of these? I'll probably only push them half way with my current mono amp right? http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...mp;catid=20119

I'm really not sure what ohm i'm running my single 10", it's in just a normal sealed bassworx box....
it says
Rockford Fosgate 12" Subwoofer (P2D212) wS('1','10')dual voice coils Impedance 2 Ohms
so either 1 or 4ohms PER SUB... if he ran 2 subs it would be either 0.5ohms, 2ohms, or 8ohms.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

oh my bad i read the website wrong, i thought it was a dual 4 ohm, with an overall ohm load of 2 when wired in parallel. ok sry bout the confusion, you were right

Quick Reply: What subs can I run?