Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

what will fit in front door of my 98?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Default what will fit in front door of my 98?

Just bought the car, and the dummy had kenwood seperates in the front. The tweets are mounted up high on the door panel, and the crossoevers are sitting down in the door pockets with one screw holding them to the door panel so they don't slide around. Behind the oem grills (painted blue for allah only knows why), are some junk paper dual cones (not eom) 6.5" and not the kenwood woofers.........so I need to go woofer shopping now that I've removed the paint from the grills and painted the crossovers black (they were originally see through baby blue). Problem is, the only stereo store I have here is walmart and that is out of the question so ebay will have to do. I'm looking to pick up a set of woofers w/o tweets and crossovers so my options are limited. But before I begin, I need to know how fat and deep of a woofer I can throw in there that will still be able to fit my stock speaker grills. SO.......what will fit?

How about these?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14713

I will be powering them off an alpine h/u so they should probably have a fairly high sensitivity rating right?

Old 08-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Default RE: what will fit in front door of my 98?

You'll need an adaptor to mount the four point speaker to the three point factory mounting point.

Frankly it'd be best to buy a new component set and have everything matched as well as properly tuned cross over. Trying to set things up seperate will lead to issues and will be more work than it's worth, plus if you are replacking the speakers might as well just do the whole thing while in there.

I'm a fan of hifonics and blaupunkt, mainly cause they both perform extreamly well for thier low cost.....HERE is a component set from Hifonics and HERE is one from Blaupunkt (I've got the regular two way versions of these speakers and they are truely awsome as well as handle low notes really well).

Old 08-09-2006, 10:13 AM

What adapter?

Also, what do people think of Fusion speakers? I've never heard them before.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:47 PM

THIS is the adapter.

I've not used Fusions personally but I've not heard anything bad about them.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:00 PM

Thanks. Knucklehead before already drilled some holes in the panels so looks like I won't be needing those.

If anyone has input on Fusion speakers, feel free to speak up.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
HCF Member

I havent heard of them.... and because of that, they are probable crap.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:35 PM

junk. It sounds like this guy didn't know what he was doing. If it were my car, i'd buy a completely new component system. It cost more, but at least you know what your getting. Go with a infinity, kicker, or eclipse system. Always safe bet.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:50 PM

Oh he knew what he was doing by putting rice touch on the grills (not!) and swapping out the woofers with some paper crap. Hell, I'd probably swap them too if I was ditching the car. Understand about getting all new gear, however this is my little get around car (with the mpg it gets) to and from work (10 miles each way) so spending much money on it isn't worth it to me at this point. The Ranger and Mustang have the sweet systems (Alpine/MTX/Infinity/Polk) so I can't justify decking out the civic at this point.

FUSION website

Old 08-10-2006, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

Oooo thos are crap subs. Yea they look cool but thats about it. 86dB's for a 10" is vfery **** poor, very inefficient subwoofers.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:46 AM

ranger and mustang<civic. I'd spend the money on the civic

Quick Reply: what will fit in front door of my 98?