Autocross and Road Course Racing For sanctioned SCCA Solo events, HPDE, track days, and more

Autocross!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 03:48 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default Autocross!!!!!

I went to watch autocross today.

I think I'm going to do it next year.

That is all. [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 10-02-2005, 05:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Autocross!!!!!

How did u find the autocross? I'm lookin for one near my house. I live in the Chicago suburbs (Niles)

Old 10-02-2005, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

Yeah dude, it sucked sitting on pavement watching everyone else get to have all the fun. I'm betting we could have owned all the neons too.

PS. did you have a specific patch of real-estate staked out? I saw your car, and parked next to it. I prolly walked past you like 80 times, no idea who you actually are, haha.[sm=smiley25.gif]

Agent: I think she found it on a local forum, then told me about it. Try to find a local SCCA schedule, that's who put this one on.

Edit: You see that kid almost wrap the RIT formula car around that pole? That thing is mad expensive (all carbon fiber) and, hand built... I think some people would be hella pissed if he wrecked it.

Old 10-02-2005, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

autocross is sweet..i always wanted to buy a crx or sumthing like that and enter it,but there alot of money to be put into it...money i would rather spend putting into my car, one day,when i have some money to throw around

Old 10-02-2005, 10:20 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

How did u find the autocross?
Yeah, I found it through the local forums. Go to scca.org and click on "find a region near you" at the top of the page.

I spent most of the time sitting on the ground in front of the red Xterra that was parked next to the tent. I was wearing a white t-shirt, blue pants, red and blue puma sneakers. Thought there would be more spectators there, AND more Civics, I only saw three, didn't think there would be as many S2000s as there were Civics!?

Seriously, it looked like so much fun. You're right, w e could have smoked a couple of those Neons and Focuses, I bet. Next season...

pictures here (not mine): http://solopix.flr-scca.com/2005/10-2-05/

Old 10-02-2005, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

I took your advice and went to the SCCA website, i found the nearest autoX spot. Its about 3hours away from my house. I would really like to find something a little closer. i think i should also befreind some1 with a decent car, as my civic wouldn't make it around the track.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:37 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Cool, maybe some of the meets will be closer to where you live.

Oh yeah... I did see the formula car nearly eat that lamppost. That was pretty close. Did you see the run where the green Del Sol spun out near the finish and then went across the line in reverse?!?! that was funny.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

Damn, I was sitting next to you the whole time. HAHA, that's hilarious... you stole my spot in front of the Xtera when I went to walk around during that break. When I came back I was like wtf, that's my spot. That's funny. I was also wearing a white shirt and jeans. Well, I know who you are now.

There was some nice cars up in there though. How badass was that Jag?.. jesus. Also, I want a Mini.

Did you see the run where the green Del Sol spun out near the finish and then went across the line in reverse?!?! that was funny.
That dude seriously couldn't drive. He spun it a bunch of times.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:40 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ahaha! figures!! Sorry I stole your spot (it was a good spot )

Old 10-02-2005, 10:42 PM
HCF Member

Haha, it's cool. I was thinking about stealing someone's lawn chair... sitting on pavement blew. I'm sure you must have seen me there, I was literally sitting right next to you to your right.

Quick Reply: Autocross!!!!!