Autocross and Road Course Racing For sanctioned SCCA Solo events, HPDE, track days, and more

in-car race video and pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Default in-car race video and pics

been a while, god i hate computers[:@]

made a camera mount for my car that mounts on the c-pillar bar.i just used my lil digi cam which took some pretty decent video but after some editing and compression, it lost a good bit of quality[:'(]u can still see and here everything pretty well. we got 8 runs but i only had enough room on my memory card to fit 6.. keep an eye on the duckie

1st run

2ndrun

3rd run

4th run

my fastest run of the day..
5th run

had a lil too much fun on this run. kinda hard to hear but if u turn the volume up u can here my friend laughin and screamin lol
6th run

Name:  _07WinterSeries_20408.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  37.2 KB
Name:  _07WinterSeries_20046.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  33.2 KB
my friends bada$$ GT...and im hangin on for dear life haha
Name:  _07WinterSeries_20157.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  36.9 KB
RDR member takin me for a ride
Name:  _07WinterSeries_20311.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  43.1 KB
Name:  _07WinterSeries_20330.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  37.8 KB
another RDR member in action
Name:  _07WinterSeries_20418.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  32.9 KB
Name:  _07WinterSeries_20419.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  30.4 KB
and a random pic of a miata with me in the background and my buddy takin some pics lol
Name:  _07WinterSeries_20077.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  35.2 KB

i cant wait for the next race. im taking a novice school on march 3rd which will be real schweet and prepare me for the next race on the 17th. ill have the Azenis on and ready by then as well. my friend with that Legacy GT has a sick 2.5RS too and said he'll let me co-drive it which will be reeeal kick a$$. i also just got a 2gig memory card(for free) that ill be able to use to get better quality and longer video. now that i have that card and my other 1gigcard, ill be able to take plenty of video and tons of pics toojust hope my battery will last lol.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: in-car race video and pics

NICE, very sweet videos...ya having that duck there was perfect, you can see how hard your taking the turns, someone the duck was level with the rear view. Nice one buddy.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Stinky Administrator

hahahaha sweet vids aj, sorry i'm still laughing at the one with your friend in it

Old 02-18-2007, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Peg_Leg

hahahaha sweet vids aj, sorry i'm still laughing at the one with your friend in it
is it working?? for some reason all the other videos are playing for me except that one fun run...

Old 02-18-2007, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

ORIGINAL: Peg_Leg

is it working?? for some reason all the other videos are playing for me except that one fun run...
Working for me

Old 02-18-2007, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

ive never seen one of these auto X things b4...and my question to u is, how do u kno where the F u r going??? lol i couldnt tell how u knew, it doesnt seem like the cones were placed to show direction, morel ike the were just there lol it looks fun as hell tohugh

Old 02-18-2007, 08:25 PM
HCF Member

howd your placement go?

Old 02-18-2007, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: R35P3KT

ive never seen one of these auto X things b4...and my question to u is, how do u kno where the F u r going??? lol i couldnt tell how u knew, it doesnt seem like the cones were placed to show direction, morel ike the were just there lol it looks fun as hell tohugh
lol the cones are actually stragically placed. the cones that u see layed down on the side, are markers on which way to go(ie: if its faced down pointing left, u go left..). i kno where to go because we walk thru the course before we race.i usually walk thru it twice, once for direction(so i kno where to go) and the 2nd time to actually figure out lines, spots that i could have trouble with, etc..after a few events, reading the course isnt difficult at all.

placement, i got 5th outa 9...fairly satisfied. after looking at the video and video from my friends GT, i kno i could have improved greatly. i beat my friends SI(that red one pictured) by .001 seconds, cant get any closer than that hahaha. my friend with the WRX beat me by .203 sec. and my friend with the GT killed me by 5.132 sec..but hes been racing 7x longer than i have so blah haha.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:00 PM
mxs
HCF Member

awesome. only the last video is working for me. that duck would drive me freaking INSANE. Looking pretty quick though. you'll LOVE the azenis!!

any details on the LGT?

Old 02-19-2007, 03:57 AM
HCF Member

awesome vids and pics aj, well im gonna have to pracitce auto x runs, cuz starting this spring, "our" track here in bristol (bristol motor speedway/bristol dragway "thunder valley" ) is starting auto x runs every singletuesday andthursday all the way thru fall !!! so its drag race + auto x every thursday and tuesday woo hoo !!!!!

Quick Reply: in-car race video and pics