Autocross and Road Course Racing For sanctioned SCCA Solo events, HPDE, track days, and more

in-car video from todays autox*icy* some pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Default in-car video from todays autox*icy* some pics

well today was a shiz load of fun. got to the event to witness about 1/2" thick of ice covering the entire parking lot, literally just like an ice skaing rink. drove into paddox goin about 5mph, hit the brakes and noticed i wasnt slowing down, right then and there i knew this would be a crazy day to say the least hahaha. other regions, even ones up in New England areas, woulda prolly canceled the event, but Philly Region is too bada$$ to cancel 60 ppl registered online for this event, only about 30 ppl showed up to race. we all got about 8-10 runs(+4 fun runs for ppl who stayed late). they even let a couple trucks run thru the course(which u never see at any normal condition autox). we did a split format kinda day, do 4 runs in the morning, work, and run another 4 runs in the afternoon. the morning was complete ice and u'd be lucky to break above 25mph on the fastest part of the course. the afternoon runs were better, some ice turned into some slush so there was some more grip. then by the fun runs, it was pretty much all just a wet course(i hit about 55mph on the fastest part). i dont kno my fastest runs but i remember one of the runs in the morning i got 1min3sec and my fastest run was prolly one of the fun runs which i believe i got a 46sec, huuuuge difference hahah. today was a true test of driver skill and car control...

i got a few videos from inside. unfortunatly, my camera was set wrong in the morning without me knowing so i didnt get video of my sliding back and forth in the ice. insted i got video from the afternoon runs that were a bit more grippy. couldnt get video from the fun runs because battery died[:@] pisses me off because my last fun run i guess u could say i ended up sway drifting thru the slalom hahah. anyways here the vids i got..

dunno if u can see but i had to slow down a couple times cuz a course worker was about to walk right into the course in front of me, i got a re-run for it.
1st run:
http://media.putfile.com/AutoX03-17-07Run5
2nd run:
http://media.putfile.com/AutoX03-17-07Run8
3rd run:
http://media.putfile.com/AutoX03-17-07Run9
4th run:
http://media.putfile.com/AutoX03-17-07Run10
5th run:
http://media.putfile.com/AutoX03-17-07Run11

pic of my friend sliding 20ft on the ice. i thought it was actually easier just to slide everywhere i went, i didnt do to much walking in the morning lol.
Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  35.0 KB
the course, all the black areas are complete ice, and the white is some left over snow on top of that 1/2" thick ice...

some of the cars after the morning runs.
Name:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  43.6 KB

i was supposed to drive my friends Subie 2.5RS but he was running on bald Azenis(which were his best tires for this weather..) and even he was having alot of trouble controling his car so i decided to not run his car mainly for safety reason...he has a chase cam inside his car and he spun out pretty much every run and was sideways on just about every turn so if i can get that video, ill post it up, it should be great hahaha. i kno other ppl from the event got alot of pics so as soon as i get those, ill post em up

Old 03-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Default RE: in-car video from todays autox*icy* some pics

nice vids, that looks like lots of fun, I wish they had autox out here....[&o] Lots of ice where I live so sometimes on the way to work I hit a parking lot or 2 and gun it, then pull the e-brake..haha no driver skill there but still loads of fun.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

nice one. I dont know why but I dont feel motivated to post real long responses. this is defiantly ironic

Old 03-17-2007, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

8 runs? NICEEEEEEEEE
lol icyyyy...so fun!

can you use youtube nextime? cuz my firefox cant watch WINDOW MEDIA player online.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

Nice videos, I watched a couple. That looks so fun tho, I could tell you were spinning a little. I wanted to do a snow safty course so I can slide around.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

Looks like you almost took out a cone there.
but looks like you had a lot of fun.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

Damn, those are long sweeping turns. The whole course was like one big spiral.

Was that the course anoucer on the radio? That's awsome.

I friggin love AutoX. Did you buy your camera mount or did you fab one up?

I think I am gonna keep the Integra just for AutoX.

ps- Car sounds sweet. What exhaust are you running?

Old 03-18-2007, 06:07 PM

haha ya i got close a couple times but i dont think i hit any cones all dayit was a wide and not so technical course. i think they chose this design based on the conditions. wide gates, less cones for course workers to run after, plenty of room to get sideways...they broadcast the entire event on their own radio station at every event. makes the day even better with the wise-a$$ jokes and when u get to hear ur times loud and clear. i ghetto fabed the camera mount and its working great.
Name:  DSC00150.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  55.7 KB
i just gota put some thin rubber or something inbetween where the metal contacts eachother to stop that weird clicking kinda sound. the camera on it is also the one i used to get this video with, used a 2gig memory cardand i just(of course not in time[&:]) got a back-up battery yesterday after the event...running with just a Magnaflow cat-back.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

i like how you turned up the volume on your stereo before the first run.

nothing's more important than pre-race rituals. lol.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

nicceeeee, i like how u mounted the camera i gotta do that, wut do u have under the hood? and what exhaust is that

Quick Reply: in-car video from todays autox*icy* some pics