Autocross and Road Course Racing For sanctioned SCCA Solo events, HPDE, track days, and more

First autocross

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:46 PM
HCF Member
Default First autocross

Hey guys, I'm going to my first autocross april 22nd. I don't know if yall have heard of spokes, but its a texas autocrossing group and they're coming to a stadium parking lot like 5 min. from where I live on the22nd. Best part is, the price for a non member is only 25 bucks. I'm so pumped. Anyways, give any advice if you have it! later guys.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Default RE: First autocross

awesome. is this a private club event? i highly suggest having an instructor ride along with u every run...maybe even let him/her drive ur car just to show u how fast it really is. make sure battery tie down is tight, lug nuts are on tight, tire pressure is good, any loose items out of the car are out, all the fluids are at correct level, and floor mats are out...

Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for all the tips...i think i may have my dad run with me, cuz he does racing with scca in a spec racer ford and his been top of a few autocross classes back when he had a corvette z51and other cars in the late 80's.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 PM
mxs
HCF Member

that's a good price. have fun!!

Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 AM

also check your throttle cable, make sure it is nice and snug....check tire pressure too, exp if you are on poopy street tires....

and dude, when you actually get out on the track, if you arent hearing tire squeling then you arent going fast enough....lol

Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

awesome. is this a private club event? i highly suggest having an instructor ride along with u every run...maybe even let him/her drive ur car just to show u how fast it really is. make sure battery tie down is tight, lug nuts are on tight, tire pressure is good, any loose items out of the car are out, all the fluids are at correct level, and floor mats are out...
how come floor mats?

Old 03-29-2007, 09:27 AM
mxs
HCF Member

part of tech inspection, you need to have all loose items out of the car.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:46 AM
HCF Member

i was gonna ask the same thing about floor mats. good luck though man!i wanna get into this as well...

Old 03-29-2007, 11:34 AM

yeah its a good thing they make you take the matts out.....i dont think you would want them wadded up underneath your brake pedle...

Old 03-29-2007, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: BurryTheSpeedo

yeah its a good thing they make you take the matts out.....i dont think you would want them wadded up underneath your brake pedle...
thats why...i kno some come with little clips or w/e but others dont and they will not make exceptions. saftey is the first thing when it comes to events, thats why tech inspection is stressed so much and we have drivers meetings where everyone thats on the event grounds must attend so they know the rules and all the saftey precautions.

Quick Reply: First autocross