Autocross and Road Course Racing For sanctioned SCCA Solo events, HPDE, track days, and more

You know your an Autocrosser if....

Old 10-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Default You know your an Autocrosser if....

-You keep a traffic cone in your living room as a reminder that autox season is just around the corner. ("But honey, orange goes GREAT with oak furniture!")
-You keep your hair cut shorter in the summer to avoid "helmet head."
-You have autox shoes (different from walking shoes or running shoes)
-You own a bottle of white shoe polish, but you don't have any white shoes.
-You were excited to get a tire pressure gauge as a gift
-You go to the Yankee Candle Company in the mall and ask the clerk, "Do you have anything scented like burnt Hoosiers?"
-When standing on the sidewalk and a car goes by, you point out to your friend that the car was supercharged and you knew that because the high pitched whine coming from the engine compartment followed the engine speed directly. (And your friend rolls her eyes.)
-When in traffic, you know that a Subaru is two cars ahead of you because you recognize the distinctive exhaust note.
-You go to the candy machine to purchase the item in slot "C4" and your first thought is "Corvette."
-You see a car with aftermarket parts on it and your first thought is "STX"
-You spend more time reading the rule book than you do preparing your income tax return
-You watch the 24 hours of Daytona and point out to all your friends drivers in the field that have national autox titles.
-You know how much it will cost you in gas to drive to Topeka
-Your friend talks about what class they are in and you are disappointed when they are referring to graduate school
-You browse Google Maps looking for large parking lots in your area
-You point out to your passengers that the driver in front of you missed the correct apex for the turn you just passed.
-You don't understand why having three sets of tires and rims in your garage is strange to your neighbors.
-You're tired of people asking, "How fast do you go?", when you tell them you autocross.
-You know what F125 and FSAE mean.
-Most of your friends live in different states.
-You spend way too much time on autox forums
-You know what your alignment settings are, and they are outside the manufacturers recommendations... on purpose
-You see cone on its side in a construction zone, and your first thought is "control, station 1, car # 36 B stock: plus one cone!"
-You can identify which street tires someone is driving on just by looking at the tread pattern
-You've changed your tires in the last month, and none of them were flat
-You're not to concerned if the syncros in 3rd, 4th, or 5th start to go bad in your tranny as long as 1st and 2nd are fine.
-You know exactly how fast you're going when you hit the rev-limiter in 1st or 2nd. but don't have a clue about the other gears.
-when someone asks you how fast your car is. You reply, it'll go 63 in 2nd.
-You don't realy understaind how a road racer can't get enough heat in a tire when you can over heat one in two 30 second runs!
-You automatically drive "walking speed" when in a parking lot.
-While shopping for your next car you quickly eliminate specific years, trim levels and entire models based on what class that particular car would put you in.
-You consider what class your next car will be in if you decide to do any mods to it.
-Friends/co-workers get excited when you mention you are looking at getting a new set of wheels for your car, only to be disappointed when they learn you are getting them same size or smaller than what are currently on the car.
-Next years vacation plans probably involve going to Topeka.

my favorites
-You wash your car meticulously, but you leave the cone marks as a badge of honor
-You cannot wake up before 7am during the week, but you have no problem waking up at 4:30 on a Saturday morning
-You know every decreasing radius turn in your town.
-You have the urge to slalom through the barrels or cones in a construction zone.

[sm=gears.gif]

Old 10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: You know your an Autocrosser if....

AJ, you suck:-D

Old 10-28-2007, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Roto

hahaha i love Philly Region ppl, their hilarious. list is soooooo true hahaha

Old 10-28-2007, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

Man, I can't wait till the local car club has another event now.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 AM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

ORIGINAL: Roto

hahaha i love Philly Region ppl, their hilarious. list is soooooo true hahaha
Yeppers...

Old 10-29-2007, 09:07 AM
HCF Member

oh man, the "how fast do you go?" one gets me every time.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

i feel good cause i dont auto cross but know what some of the things on this list are. Mt dad is a big time nascar guy and has alwats kept me with racing in the blood.

The Apex one alomst made me spit my soda out cause i always say that when driving.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BX_Civic

i feel good cause i dont auto cross but know what some of the things on this list are. Mt dad is a big time nascar guy and has alwats kept me with racing in the blood.

The Apex one alomst made me spit my soda out cause i always say that when driving.
Hm, a NASCAR guy that knows what an apex is... weird.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:50 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i really do liek cars a good deal and have read countless threads on auto x and what not so i kinda know a pinch about stuff.

Plus my dad is also a big time driver and he always tought me those kinds of things.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:10 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BX_Civic

Yeah i really do liek cars a good deal and have read countless threads on auto x and what not so i kinda know a pinch about stuff.

Plus my dad is also a big time driver and he always tought me those kinds of things.
I'm just givin ya a hard time, bro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: You know your an Autocrosser if....