Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Hello from Bangladesh

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 01:41 AM
Default Hello from Bangladesh

Hi,

I am probably the first person to register in this forum from Bangladesh. In fact I did not see any Indians or Pakistanis either so maybe I am the first from this sub-continent. Anyway, greetings from Bangladesh.

I just bought a used '89 Honda Civic DX, 1300 cc, M/T. I am looking for available options for an engine upgrade. I am considering moving to 1500/1600 cc with as little modification as possible. The auto-mechanic business in Bangladesh is very crude. There is a Honda Distributor but thier prices and charges are way too high. On the other hand there are hundreds of small workshops mostly owned by self-taught people who learnt thier trade on trial and error basis[:@].

So I became member of this forum with the hope that will all these experts in this forum, maybe I will get proper guidance and even sourcing for my replacement engine. I have very little mechanical knowledge. So for a starter, I would highly appreciate if anyone could post links where I could have a look at the mechanics of a car similar to mine.

Old 04-15-2006, 11:24 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hello from Bangladesh

Welcome to the forum. I'm goin to India this summer.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:29 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hello from Bangladesh

YO SAINT! (interesting name....) how is bangladesh? which part on bangaldesh are you from? im also another Bangladeshie! but i live in London,UK but i visit bangladesh now and then. my family originated from Bangladesh Dhaka and thats where im from i guess.

i own a red 95 1.6esi honda VTEC civic but i bought it from London aswell, i plan on exporting it to Bangladesh sometime in the future as my dad is in the importing/exporting trade and i shouldn't have any problems other than Bangladesh OVERpriced TAX. Here check out some pics of mine i posted earlier and tell me what you think!

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_21.../tm.htm#210872

nice to know a fellow asian from the country!