HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/chop-shop-46/)
-   -   Chop Contest (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/chop-shop-46/chop-contest-79641/)

kanarrjl 12-12-2009 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by supersize (Post 685027)
get ur high's mids and lows.. 2 15's, 2 12's and 2 10's and 1 8 in the middle, my friend took his back seat out and built a box that covers all of it and had all those in it. plus 3 amps powering them, it shook the whole car, i couldnt even sit inside haha

sorry not a good idea mixing subs cancels out certain frequencies that's the easiest way i can explain it

supersize 12-12-2009 03:44 PM

all i know is it was louder than a jet... he took it to shows and ****, it was nuts.

edit: he was sponsored by american bass!

Dontoh 12-12-2009 05:14 PM

steve yer the best lol, look at that civic truck thing, i wanna see ya do it haha

JayVee 12-15-2009 10:03 PM

i'd have to give it nikehead and steve.
haha steve had the nicest tuck with the insane wheel/tire size to go with it.

Luke_Jones 12-20-2009 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sure this is old and dead....but I was bored and remembered my login info here. Being that I needed a break from another chop I produced this alcohol induced quicky.

Nothing special...just brushed some crap on there real quick. Haven't posted here in forever so.

Attachment 15044

sfazngiants 12-21-2009 12:24 AM

not bad man, could use some more wheel well cover

supersize 12-21-2009 08:06 AM

ricey but good. i like the idea of the roll cage, never thought to chop that in. GJ

kanarrjl 12-21-2009 08:14 AM

besides the sideskirt how is that ricey?

Luke_Jones 12-21-2009 11:15 AM

Personally I'd never bolt a kit like that on my car. But I was just trying to see how quick I could brush something out and make it look believable. /shrug

I'll see if I can spend a few more minutes and make it extra ricey.

supersize 12-21-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by kanarrjl (Post 688419)
besides the sideskirt how is that ricey?

full body kit.. i said a lil ricey, i diddnt say look at that fast and furious beast haha.

Luke_Jones 12-21-2009 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by supersize (Post 688473)
full body kit.. i said a lil ricey, i diddnt say look at that fast and furious beast haha.

Here haha...I cant even stand to chop it any more. =P

Attachment 15025

supersize 12-21-2009 01:37 PM

nice rice haha, i like how u payed attn to detail, the fire extinguisher is subtle. i say u win honestly haha

also like the underglow and raised hood. well not like them, i like the detail u put in

Luke_Jones 12-21-2009 01:51 PM

Thanks, glad you like it...or don't. After rice was mentioned (plus i'm no longer drunk) I thought I'd see if I could nail it. Little quick chops like this are fun. It's kinda fun to post here again too...jeez its been over a year at least.

supersize 12-21-2009 03:10 PM

i love working in photoshop, im not to good at car chops but i consider myself better than average on most of the things.. i start college in a week for graphic design

kanarrjl 12-21-2009 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 15021

paint chop

Luke_Jones 12-21-2009 04:14 PM

I enjoy it too, I'm not as good as steve...but him and I pretty much started out here if I remember correctly. But ya I use it all the time for other things. I'll have to post up some more recent stuff I've done.

kanarrjl...you lost like 35 horsepower taking off all the stickers I had on there...and another 25 for that fart can. =P

supersize 12-21-2009 05:18 PM

constructive critisism: the tow hook looks fake along with the front lip. you can see where you whited out the back bottom spoiler, you can see where you whited out the greddy sticker on front.. ill redo it with exactly what you did to try to show you what it would look like photoshopped XD u use paint right?

thats just constructive critisism, im not bashing you in any way..

Luke_Jones 12-21-2009 05:44 PM

Ya in all seriousness I'm impressed with how well you covered up my work using ms paint...I have never been able to figure that out. True there is a few spots that are obvious and the tow hook looks fake but using paint, you have 1 up on me.

supersize 12-21-2009 06:08 PM

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3397/civic.png

i dont rly like paint, not enough features.. i used to use it all the time untill i got photoshpp

Luke_Jones 12-21-2009 06:16 PM

I've tried to see what I could even do with it even though I've had photoshop cs2 for ever...but ya it's frustrating not having all the functions.

Dontoh 12-21-2009 06:19 PM

how the hell do you get the decals to look so realistic on the car?

Luke_Jones 12-21-2009 07:33 PM

Which decals? the ones on the window and fender or the big fast and furious vinyl on the side?

Either way, they were put on with photoshop for starters if you dont use that this wont mean anything.

-the window stickers: once they are cut out to be just the decal you want on the window. I use the free transform (ctrl+t) to warp/shape them to fit what should be the angle of the window. Once that is done I play with the contrast/brightness, until they look to the eye like they match with the window they are on. Usually taking both the contrast and the brightness negative just a bit.

-body stickers: again its contrast/brightness with the addition of using a very feint soft brush to highlight or shade the sticker to match the body of the car. In the case of the greddy sticker, I took an almost transparent soft white brush to the top half of the sticker making it match the cars highlight.

-body vinyl: personally this one didn't turn out that well but...I adjusted the transparency to almost half on this layer. Then took a soft white and black brush at a low transparency to shade the sticker and highlight to match the body.
***Edit...also use the free transform to make the vinyl curve to the shape of the body as much as needed.

If the question wasn't directed at me, then nevermind and I am a retard...if it was, I hope this explanation helps :D

supersize 12-21-2009 08:34 PM

i think he was talking to you.. personally, i just turn down the opacity a lil

Luke_Jones 12-21-2009 09:15 PM

that works a lot of the time, but depending on what you are trying to do...a few more steps gives it that extra detail that could make it real.

Boki99ex 12-21-2009 10:19 PM

ricer eater your siggy is cool bro lol, my dad has that car that made me lol

Luke_Jones 12-22-2009 07:14 AM

Haha thanks, thats the car that replaced my civic. Just need to get those wheels for it...and air ride if I want it to sit like that. :D

supersize 12-22-2009 09:43 AM

i kinda figured it was photoshopped haha.