The Chop Shop Post here to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride...

My very first chop

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Default My very first chop

This is my first chop of doing mods to a car, the car is mine. I have done sigs and stuff before but never did mods. I have an upper hand becuase im studying graphics production at school and have already taken a photoshop class. But all i really did was photo correction and learned blending modes and other stuff for page layout. I put the origional on here as well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10650/AE70491564CD4D599AA723A42B3E60C4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10650/C15DEC2AAB67438085C25D733D49E958.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-04-2006, 02:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My very first chop

i think it looks pretty dam good, i have never done this before,i want to get into it soon tho..you can make some really cool stuff, its amazing some of the work people do

Old 08-04-2006, 03:59 PM
HCF Member

Chop looks great man, but please dont ever put that on your car... ever.

TiCkEr

Old 08-07-2006, 04:12 PM

Why wouldn't i put that on my car???

Old 08-07-2006, 04:15 PM
HCF Member

i got the same kit on one of my civics, but some ppl like the stock look. i say u get a motor too back up your "statement" and then noone has a right to say anything about u bein a ricer or what not. anyways good work man.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Administrator

it decreases the value :-)

lip kit is the way to go...you did a great chop...but comapare to mill$civic's car...thats a lip kit

i dont want you to think im flamin either...you can do what you want..some people like body kits...some like lip kits...its all a matter of opinion...but lip kit is the way to go

Old 08-07-2006, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

actually with my experience(i customize cars and sell most of them) bodykits do not decrease any value of the car, it doesnt give you any value either. the only thing it might do if u choose to sell it would be attract someone that has the same taste as u and possible make it easier to sell because it doesnt look like veryone elses. i just put a for sale sign in the window of my green civic as an example and got 6 offers the first day! so like the person said above me its all what u want.(not flamin on stock/jdm look either)

Old 08-07-2006, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

skateman do you make good money doing that? And do you rework only appearance on the car, or the engine to? How much profit do you make per car roughly? I'd be interested in doing that some day, so any info is appreciated man, thanks.

TiCkEr

Old 08-08-2006, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

i do as much as i can while still making a profit(i buy the cars at auctions with minor damage to them or none at all) and then i make them look nice be it a body kit, a new paintjob, lowered, etc. and then i do motor mods and whatever else i can get my hands on. but u have to look into how many cars u r allowed to sell in a certain time period where ur from cuz u can only sell so many before u need a liscence. and usually i can get a car for less than half the cost as if you were to sell it on the street and then put maybe 1-3k in it and sell the things fast! i can make anywhere from 100$-10k$ depending on the car and what i do to it(DO NOT BUY SALVAGE! just a tip if u wish to do this because you CANNOT sell them for normal price. i only do about 3 a year though for some extra cash. good luck man

Old 08-08-2006, 02:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: skateman190

i do as much as i can while still making a profit(i buy the cars at auctions with minor damage to them or none at all) and then i make them look nice be it a body kit, a new paintjob, lowered, etc. and then i do motor mods and whatever else i can get my hands on. but u have to look into how many cars u r allowed to sell in a certain time period where ur from cuz u can only sell so many before u need a liscence. and usually i can get a car for less than half the cost as if you were to sell it on the street and then put maybe 1-3k in it and sell the things fast! i can make anywhere from 100$-10k$ depending on the car and what i do to it(DO NOT BUY SALVAGE! just a tip if u wish to do this because you CANNOT sell them for normal price. i only do about 3 a year though for some extra cash. good luck man
do u use ebay parts?

Quick Reply: My very first chop