The Chop Shop Post here to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride...

need my car lowered

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 AM
HCF Member
Default need my car lowered

I'd like to see my car lowered 1.8 inch befor i buy them to see if it's too low..

Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: need my car lowered

well its not to low BUT you might think about your inner fender lips or if you dont care about running negative camber......

ive had no big problems with my Stechs.... only problem is scraping the guide rail down MIKES EXPRESS car wash auto LMFAO
other than that NO PROBLEMS...... very nice drop to tuck them tires up close....

Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

I'm really was hoping it wouldn't tuck my tires wanted to be close to the tires but not 2 close.. will i need a camber kit you think? If so it'll be a while befor i put the springs on

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well its not to low BUT you might think about your inner fender lips or if you dont care about running negative camber......

ive had no big problems with my Stechs.... only problem is scraping the guide rail down MIKES EXPRESS car wash auto LMFAO
other than that NO PROBLEMS...... very nice drop to tuck them tires up close....

Old 08-06-2007, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

fastes chop i've ever done..

Name:  lower.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  71.9 KB

Old 08-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well check out my pics... im runnen 17s BUT the tires are same diameter of stockers..
heres two pictures... tires dont quite TUCK... but preaty close... and no camber kit needed.... i used 3washers to correct my camber with stock bolts... no problems... perfect camber but you still need to have the TOE adjusted when alignment BUT stock adjusters are still good enough.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...DSC00128-1.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...DSC00135-1.jpg

Old 08-06-2007, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

now that wont be bad it's just low enough 2 where you wont see your tip top of the tire.. now you say washers for the rear right? or can you do that for fronts 2? will i have to use the same amount as yours with yours being newer n all?

Old 08-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well my Stech springs on my 99.... i used 3washers on the rear and nothing on the front... tho take it to a good alignment shop and get some boards to drive up on to the alignment rack!
i took my car to midas in town and THEY SUCKED ill never go back to them for alignment!!!! im gonna pay more money and have it done at a respectable shop!!!!!!!
i have a stuck TOE adjuster on the rear so mine still isnt right and worst part is they didnt tell me SH**!!!!!! i had to lok at the paper print out they gave me and go back to complain... THEN they tell me the bolt is seized and thiers nothing they can do without busting it.....

so ive bought a new piece just waiting for it to come in before i torch it myself/ replace it and take it to a profetional alignment shop!!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 01:14 PM
HCF Member

so a pro can adjust the stock cambers then? if so wont be bad my dad said it probley wont knock my tires off 2 much since it's not a big drop.. im sure i'll figure it all out when i do it n hope it dont wear my stock struts out 2 fast. if i run in to any problems i'll pm you is that alright..

Old 08-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well im not a pro BUT i did it to my civic.... and with my drop and wheels i HAD to roll my fenders to run proper camber... BUT most people say just run negative camber which basicaly means either 0 or 1 washer... and have your wheels kinda angled inwards.LOL
i rolled my inner fender lip and my rims are 42mm offset so squize in thier nicely!
most rims are only 40mm offset so if yours are you might have to run alittle negative camber..

just some things you need to add up..... its not always just drop springs and alignment.... its the little things that will bite you in the @ss.... so id SUGEST to keep your stock wheels JUST INCASE your new wider rims do rub...
or get some SUPER STIFF springs........ my Stechs will give ALOT of bounce... close to stock which is why i like them personaly..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFI-X7UlwnY

so if you get some stiff springs your car shouldnt bounce as much which MIGHT save you from having to roll your fender lips or run negative camber...

but like io said im NOT a pro.... i just know from what i did to MY civic personaly...

Old 08-06-2007, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

well if that inner lip bothers my tires i have a grinder that says it wont or i'll figure something out.. im not sure what my offset is cause i got them for free i dont even know the brand name of them..I do know i have185/65/14's on it

Quick Reply: need my car lowered