The Chop Shop Post here to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride...

So I have a story to tell.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Default So I have a story to tell.

WTF I JUST TYPED UP THIS WHOLE THING AND IT DELETED ITSELF. THE INTERNETS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

So as many of you know I recently bought a tablet, new laptop, and a legit copy of CS2 that I was eagerly awaiting installing on my crisp HD widescreen.

Forked out 200 bucks of my own money to get it, recieved it, and it looked mint. It wasn't.

There's a massive piracy ring that's making very VERY convincing copies of photoshop, with professional printing and shrink wrap in Singapore. Many times even the sellers don't know it's fake. The serial allows you to activate your program, so you can use it, but it can't register.

So you say "You have a working photoshop, why complain?" Well I thought that too, until I realized the right half of my keyboard wouldn't work. The arrows keys and other console keys make characters when you press them, and none of the keyboard shortcuts work. That's a real shot to the foot for a regular PS user.

Here's a professional comparison and write up of the whole scenario:

http://tonysleep.co.uk/photoshop-cs2-on-ebay

I uninstalled that trash and got my friends CS3 Super Uber Master Suite, cracked with everything on it, but just got CS3. Would've gotten Illustrator, but it's a massive program.

Here I try to be an honest, upstanding citizen, and this is what I get? Karma isn't bogus. The seller from ebay hasn't contacted me back yet so I may have to take legal action with paypal or ebay.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:13 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: So I have a story to tell.

This may sound silly but go to your local police and report it. Paypal and eBay will just say "thanks for reporting a problem, but we can't refund any of your money" as they laugh with greed.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:01 PM

I don't think it's within a local department's jurisdiction to enforce things on the internet

I've worked with ebay before on stuff like this. I had three scam artists try to get me to ship my PSP out of the country before they'd send the money, and had to repeal the buy everytime. They'll listen, you just have to try really hard.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:49 AM
HCF Member

wow man thats sooo gay what happened.. i hope you get those ****!