Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Anything to repel dirt/mud from sticking?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:19 AM
HCF Member
Default Anything to repel dirt/mud from sticking?

I usually wash my car once a week because it gets really bad, drive to work 5 days a week on average and there's a 4 mile dirt road I must drive on to and from work. If it rains, it looks like I haven't washed my car in months.

So I'm looking for something that helps keep the dirt from sticking as much as it already does right now.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Default RE: Anything to repel dirt/mud from sticking?

wax?

Old 01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

not driving your car through hell.........

Old 01-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Snail'n Admin

civic rock crawling is ftw!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction

wax?
X2. A good coat of wax should help it not stick too much.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
HCF Member

Driving down a 4 mile dirt road everyday is going to be a near impossible upkeep. The best defense against dirt and other contaminants is...

1. having a slick, swirl / scratch free surface. New paint doesn't attract as much dirt, so prep, clean, polish your surface and try to make it as close to new as possible
2. Protect the surface with a good wax
3. Use a quick detailer everyday. (as long as the surface isn't too dirty, you don't want to drag a lot of dirt over the surface. Quick detailer over mud would be an absolute no no.)

That's really the best you can hope for living so far down a dirt road. I know how it is bro. I used to live 1\2 mile down a dirt road and it was a huge challenge. So I can't imagine 4 miles of dirt... It's not going to be easy.

For surface preparation, waxing, washing details etc,check out Autopia.com and read all you can stand.... Best of luck to you.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the replies. For the smartasses, I know wax would help, but didn't know if any were better than one or another.

I don't live down a dirt road, it's just there's a 4 mile dirt road I have to take right before I reach the building I work at

Old 01-16-2008, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: inthezone

thanks for the replies. For the smartasses, I know wax would help, but didn't know if any were better than one or another.

I don't live down a dirt road, it's just there's a 4 mile dirt road I have to take right before I reach the building I work at
That sucks. I HATE dirt roads. Especially in FL... they're mostlysand roads, not dirt. A lot of dust gets on your car when you drive on them and I doubt that if someone was behind you they'd be able to see in front of them.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Ouch, sucks about that dirt road. Must be murder on your car in the winter

Old 04-15-2008, 05:00 PM
HCF Member

Well since I wash it once a week and having been using meguiars quick detailer/wax the paint looks no worse than when I got it nearly two years ago.

I love the silky feeling of my car after the quick wax, but it lasts only a couple days. Are those carnauba waxes longer lasting?

anyone try this or anything similar? Does it keep a silky shine for a long time?
http://www.pinnaclewax.com/waxes.html

Quick Reply: Anything to repel dirt/mud from sticking?