Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Best way to make your car shine!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Default Best way to make your car shine!

Hello everybody!

Could you tell me what's the best way to make the paint of your car shine like a brand new car? Products, tools, i wanna know everything!

Old 10-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Best way to make your car shine!

there are a LOT of products out there...check this out search and you should be able to find what your looking for.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:38 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

royal blue ftw

Old 10-06-2006, 12:15 PM
HCF Member

Hang out at this website and ask questions for a while. This is where I learned everything I know about detailing. These guys are pros. Also click "Learn" at the top to do a search for anything in particular you have in mind...

Autopia.com

Old 10-06-2006, 01:13 PM

Well thank you for that!, but.... don't you think that since you are in this website, and you know a lot about detailing (because you said you learned a lot from people in this web site), and... .... ... Could you say something? I'll hang around for your answer instead!

Thanks everybody!

Old 10-06-2006, 01:57 PM
HCF Member

Well, there's so much to know about detailing. And you said you want to know everything as there are vasts amounts of knowledge that go into detailing a car to make your paint like brand new. I could advise you to go buy a rotary, a DA polisher, car shampoo, micofiber towels, clay bar, waxes, sealants, quick detail, polishes, compounds, the list goes on and on. So you see it kinda depends on exactly what you're looking for and the present condition of your paint. Do you just want a quick one step wax, or do you want to completely correct your paint like brand new with multiple tools and products? Just trying to help you out bro.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:25 AM

Hey! I'm really happy that there's people like us in this website. Thank you beforehand for all your future help (). Anyway, i really wanna get the best out my cars paint. I bought it a month ago and i have washed it 3 times so far. I had used for the last 2 washes a new blue colored chammois that does the job reeeeeeeaaally good. I'm happy with it, and i'm keeping it, so discard that. Now, i'm using the Mr. Clean kit, and let me tell you it works great. I get better water pressure, and the soap seems to do it really good. I haven't waxed my car yet, but i have used Eagle Wet Spray On Something that you spray on the paint (it actually works extremelly good with windows as well) while the car is still wet. The combination between the chammois and this product do it reeeeeeaaaly good. The windows finish is spotless, and the paint is really good.... but it is not a real wax yet. Now, a little proble i have is the inner side of the windows. I haven't found a good product to clean the really good. I need something that cut that grease like dirt haze that's on them after a while (you know, dirt, smog, your own breathing. It comes out when is like morning or cold, etc)...

Well, that explains what i have done so far. What do you think buddy? I have a few scratches also, and i bought this red colored Turtle compound that i either don't know how to use, or it does not work. HELP!

thank you!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 07:56 AM
HCF Member

Cool...[8D] Word of advice, ditch the turtle wax compound, for light to medium scratches, use Meguiar's Scratch X and rub in the direction of the aerodynamics of the car or if you have a DA it is machine safe too. What year and model Civic you have? The present condition of your paint is the determining factor for what products to use.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

royal blue ftw
x1111111eleventybillion!!!!!one~~~

Old 10-09-2006, 10:40 AM

Hey! Thank you for your info! Now, i own a 2002 Civic EX. The paint shines, but it's not the best. It has a lot of scratches unfortunately. Only two are visible; the others are only minor and you must look at them to the side the really appreciate them (appreciate??). Could you let me know more...?

Thank you very much!

Quick Reply: Best way to make your car shine!