Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Detailing Sprays

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:08 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Detailing Sprays

Sorry it didn't work out for you man as I didn't have any problems with the BM qd application. I've found that it doesn't take a lot of product and it's best to lightly buff your car with it as this helps it dissapate faster. Too much product and hard rubbing actually make it more difficult to come off and may also cause streaking.
I too have been concerned about products containing silicone and I did some reading about it. You always hear stories about how silicone is harmful to paint and such. I don't think silicone is safe for rubber as in tires, but paint is ok. Here is a link to Meguiar's website explaining the myths about silicone. They identify it as basically an inert substance...

Meguiar's on Silicone..

Old 05-02-2006, 10:32 AM
HCF Member

Nice find! I'm going to try the BM a few more times....it's possible I put it on too heavy. Like I said it did produce I shine that was better than all the others.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:39 AM
HCF Member

LOL...I just finished reading the whole article and I had to laugh because my father has been doing body work for 40+ years and that is probably the number one reason I disliked products with silicone in them. He used to always bitch at me for using stuff inside his shop that had silicone in it.

Old 05-02-2006, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

I waxed my car with the Meguiares NXt wax, now I have this spray stuff from black magic that says it make the time between waxing again longer, so do i put this stuff on after im done waxing

Is it,
wash, wax, quick detail or
wash, quick detail, wax

or What the Fudge

I washed my car than waxed it with meguiares Nxt wax (non spray wax), NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?

Old 05-02-2006, 02:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RaskyR1

LOL...I just finished reading the whole article and I had to laugh because my father has been doing body work for 40+ years and that is probably the number one reason I disliked products with silicone in them. He used to always bitch at me for using stuff inside his shop that had silicone in it.
LOL! Old myths die hard. I sure my dad instilled some in me that I just haven't been able to prove otherwise... yet. It seems we learn something new everyday.

Jony98, it's wash, wax, quick detail. Most qd's are for between waxes only, they really have no protective properties, just replenish the shine, help to maintain a slick surface, remove light waterspots, etc. There are some qds that act as waxes, but the few I've tried, I really didn't like. They only make a big mess. I wax so often anyway, it's not really necessary.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
HCF Member

yeah jake im going to autozone to buy some clay to use to use this weekend before i wax.....the PRODUCTS: megs gold class shampoo and conditioner,royal blue,and im thinking megs clay as well.....SO i guess we are still in the BATTLE OF THE QD's.......DON DON DON who will be the chosen one....lol...anyways ill take a look at some of those as well when i go to get the clay tomm.ILL post on this later after that.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:53 PM

yea i would vote for meguiars final inspection..quick detailer is ok and the nxt line of quick detailer is horrible you really have to buff that stuff off.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

So one other thing I notice with the BM is that it left specs on the surrounding plastic. My bike has a lot of flat black plastic parts around the glossy painted panels and the wind carried it onto the other panels (similar to that of tire dressings). I've not had this problem before with any of the others. So here is a break down from my favorite to least favorite.

1. PPC
2. Meguires
3. ICE/BM too close to call
4. 3M
5. Car Brite
6. Wizards

PPC is hard to find and is not cheap...which is why I usually end up using meguires but the ppc works great...takes off bugs pretty good too. Here is the link to their website if anyone is interested.

PPC

Hope this helps some noobs.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

so where can you get that PPC from??? autozone or wherever???

Old 05-02-2006, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

lol...like I said hard to get a hold of....there is a wholesaler in MN that carries it otherwise large car shows and online....been about 2 years since I bought any simply because I'm to lazy... I like just being able to drive down the street and pick it up when I need it.

Quick Reply: Detailing Sprays