Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

easy ways to get little dents out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Default easy ways to get little dents out?

I just got some little dents on my car i think form someone's door, but they are not that big they just bug me every time i walk to my car. I was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap or easy ways to get them out.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Default RE: easy ways to get little dents out?

It depends in the location of the dent...if you can get access to behind the panel you can try to push them out, this is pretty easy...

Otherwise I think you have to do the method or pulling the dent out via a screw, building it up, sand it, the repaint it...[:@] I dont know of any other serious interim methods...aside from:

andI dont know if it works or not, or is a gimick...its called the Door Doctor, or the Dent Doctor, and its like a suction cup that pulls the dent from the outside...so you dont have to repaint...

maybe there is some place local to your area...

http://www.dentdoctorcanada.com/

Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 PM
HCF Member

i dont know if this one really works but ive heard it a lot?@?@? if you put a Dry Ice on the dent area i heard its gonna Pop Out?? im not really sure if this one is true..

Old 01-24-2008, 12:44 AM
HCF Member

I have heard from several people that as long as the dent isn't too bad, you can heat up the area with a blow-dryer and spray some canned air on it while it's still hot. The heat expands the area and then when you spray the compressed air while holding the can upside down, it sprays cold and cools the area almost instantly. It's supposed to just pop it right out.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 AM

I have herd about the air duster one but it seems risky. I am afread of messing up my paint. is there anyone who has dun it before on here? I have also herd about the ones that pull the dents out and it seems like it would work. has anyone had there dents removed that way before on here? I guess ill just look for some local places and try to find a free estaminet, but is there any thing i should watch out for or any i should ask?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:45 AM
HCF Member

I need to repair some small rock dents on my doors, so I can probally take of the door trim and panels and tap them out. I have two big crease dents in the upper frame over the window where someone tried to break into the car last year with a crowbar. They will need the screw method for sure. What should I use to build up the hole when im done? Is there any good stuff?

Old 01-31-2008, 02:40 PM

I have the haynes manual and I showed the guyusing "bondo"...let it harden the roughshape the filler (bondo)...then sand it down with a block ending up at 360 to 400 grit...then several layers of primer...then fill with glazing compound and sand again with 360 to 400 grit sandpaper...repeat the glazing and sanding until its smooth...then 400 to 600 grit, clean with a tack rag and apply your finish coat...(thats pretty much what the haynes says...)

Also if you tap out the little dents with a soft-face hammer, the guide recommended that you place a piece of wood on the opposite side of the dent so you dont stretch out the metal...

Old 02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

interesting (the wood part), what is this glazing compound?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:53 PM

I tried the trick with the hair dryer and the canned air and it didn't work for me it didn't mess my paint up but it didn't work either

Old 06-20-2008, 04:13 PM

yeah ive tried a few things to, no luck over here seems like a ****ty problem to have

Quick Reply: easy ways to get little dents out?