Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

First Time Detail 06

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Default First Time Detail 06

[8D]Question here. What would you dudes suggest for new 06 EX wax job. Preferences on type of wax? Any tips? I doubt that it came from Japan with a coat of wax and polish on it. Wanna do it before I put on the half nose mask. Any suggestions on first detail would be appreciated. Also what are your thoughts on these drive thru laser carwashes and how does it effect the overall appearance quality of the paint job.
C'ya
Old Kewl Dude

[IMG]local://upfiles/5806/CFDFB290A72E4FAAADBA43C0EF54703A.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-23-2005, 09:17 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: First Time Detail 06

Hey there. First off this is in the wrong section but I'm sure the "powers that be" will move it. There's a thread in the Detailing forum where people posted their favorite detailing products. You'll find some suggestions there.

Also I'll add that you will not get a lot of love for the nose mask here. The general consensus is that dirt will get trapped underneath it, and end up scratching the finish. To each his own though.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:09 AM

before this gets moved and i'll never be able to find it, i want to put my 2 cents in!

i like meguiar's products when i wax my car. it leaves my paint feeling smooth like a baby's butt, and it smells good too. [8D]

i was also dying to get a full "leather" bra for my car, and finally did. can't say i've been all that impressed with it. i'm letting my car be slutty and go around without it for now after what happened when i washed it last week. mxs is right about the dirt thing. i took off the top half of the car bra and i had all kinds of crap trapped under it that i didn't even know was there. i think the only time i'll put it on my car is after it snows and the city decides to put gravel on the roads. it ticks me off when i get a paint chip from a stupid rock that got kicked up by some dumb SUV. buuuut...if you decide you must have the bra, i'd recommend removing it AT LEAST once a week to clean the area it's been covering. also know that if you leave a bra on for a really, really long time, the paint will fade around it but still look new underneath it, and then all the other civics will laugh at it.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:14 AM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

As far as the bra goes, I mentioned that I wasn't a fan a long time ago.I used to work at a carwash and I saw what they do to your paint finish. As mentioned above, the sand and dirt gets trapped underneath and acts like sandpaper when the air blows the bra around. I would never get a bra after seeing what I did. A bra may save stone chips, but harms your front end in other ways.

Old 09-25-2005, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

i agree with all them about the bra, not a good idea at all...but i use mothers wax, it works very good, car becomes very shiney even with light colourd cars

Old 09-25-2005, 04:49 PM

[8D]Thanks guys. I believe I will pass on the half nose mask then. My concern is the stone chips as I log alot of miles every year. I did use Meguir's Gold and it is sweet. Maybe they will release a nose protector that looks decent. For now though I will just let her boobies swing free and forget the half bra.
Still the question remains, what are your opinions on the brushless washes and their effect on finish and glass? Winter is coming on and won't be able to wash at home. Thanks for the input.

Old 09-25-2005, 05:43 PM

The "touchless" washes don't do a thorough cleaning. They always seem to miss a spot or spots like the rear or the rocker panels.

The best way is your very own TLC and washing by hand.

Old 09-25-2005, 05:57 PM

I live in a pretty dusty area due to a lot of construction and I use a spray detailer between my washes and waxes .. It works great. Meguiars Spray Detailer.