Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Forty's worst nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Default RE: Forty's worst nightmare.

I used megiar's Gold class wax and polish

as you can see the previous owner of the car didn't take good care of the paint

Old 04-13-2006, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

as you can see the previous owner of the car didn't take good care of the paint
good lord..

Old 04-13-2006, 02:32 PM
HCF Member

I've read a lot about Zaino on Autopia.com. From what I read, Zaino produces a very slick surface, resists dust, and rain very well. But from hearing many experiences, the best results depend greatly on the preparation of the paint. Your average car owner waxes over grime, contaminants, dust etc. Wax will not adhere well to a dirty surface. Brushes at the car wash swirl paint where the best results are far from being accomplished with even the best of waxes. Claying, polishing, compounding, and in some cases wet-sanding may be necessary. I want to try some Zaino though and some Natty's Blue paste wax. Been hearing lots about them both lately. Have to try some of 40s Royal Blue while I'm at it... Yeah, I'm a detail freak.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

i wonder if that kit for 85 bucks would be worth it....it makes me sweat from all the future work just lookin at it but i dont know seems pretty good but i might just still order that royal monday and use that cause my black paint needs some help,ive been treatin my paint like the fat girl in short shorts.....i just stayed away cause it looked like too much trouble and too much time to do the whole thing.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:54 PM

a friend of mine that has a prelude uses zaino...i really cant tell the difference between that and some meguires stuff that u can buy at any auto store or walmart or w/e....to me it just isnt worth alllll that money and spending allllll that time for pretty much the same exact shine. unless maybe ur going to shows or somethin like that...

Old 04-15-2006, 02:02 PM
HCF Member

thats true too....a good shine is what you want and im betting you could barely tell the diff if you spent the extra 2 hrs using the zaino,but hey alot of people are neat freaks like that so whatever...anyways the last time i waxed my car was about ummmm almost a year ago and that was just wax not any prep or glaze or anything like that so im pretty sure my black isnt AS BLACK as it could be.....

Old 04-15-2006, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

hey whats the best stuff to use to get swirl marks out of black paint cause i have alot????

Old 04-15-2006, 09:32 PM

i know royal blue dosnt leave any swirl marks. i had a problem with them with turtle wax but no more with the royal blue.....

Old 04-16-2006, 05:29 PM

Zaino is good stuff - but remember, 95% of how good paint looks is the prep. Zaino, Souveran, Poorboys, Menzerna, Clearkote - any of it on bad paint is going to look bad. Zaino is a good system because it comes with detailed instructions and kind of urges you to follow their guidlines through the entire process. If you do the same thing with other products odds are your results will be similar, and at that point it comes down to personal preference.

Here are some pics with a regular old spray on wax.

Old 04-16-2006, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

3M makes a good swirl mark remover...it's widely used in body shops after wet sanding and compounding. It's applied with a high speed buffer and a foam pad. I use it when I have a show car or a dark colored customer car come in...To expensive to use on dealer cars.
ORIGINAL: n8te81

hey whats the best stuff to use to get swirl marks out of black paint cause i have alot????

Quick Reply: Forty's worst nightmare.