Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

i feel dumb saying this but......

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: i feel dumb saying this but......

I dry my whole car down with 2 Micro Fiber towels and have no trouble...If I do see an area with streaks I wipe it with a damp towel and follow right behind with a dry one. Micro Fiber all the way baby! It is best to dry in the shade though if it's drying before you get to it. The quality of the paint plays a HUGE roll in how it dries...so what works good for one may not for another. I personaly think water blades are a great invertion for scratching the **** out of your car. Only time I'd use one is when I'm about to buff a car that just came in out of the rain and don't want to waste dry towels.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:09 AM
HCF Member

how would that rubber on the blade scratch the paint if the blade is clean???...anyways the only reason i got one pretty much was that the DIY on cleaning on here said that it worked...lol....ill have to go get some of those towels this weekend and then try again and plus with the detail spray too.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

They will scrath the paint if it picks up a small spec of dirt....granted the car should be free of dirt but it doesn't take much to scrach paint and one little missed area washing can leave a little dirt on the car. towels are far less likely to scratch since the fibers pick up and trap the dirt...not drag it accross the paint. Just not a big fan of them...

and I agree with Xoopiter about the detail sprays...they are great for making the car look like you just waxed it. I use them between washes and when their is just some light dust on the car...Never tried the stuff he's using but they're all pretty similar...I use Meguires.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:36 AM

u can't drop anything u clean the car with and ya make sure u clean all the area's of the car so u don't get scratches.....jus be carefull when washin your car

Old 04-20-2006, 12:42 AM

ORIGINAL: RaskyR1

They will scrath the paint if it picks up a small spec of dirt....granted the car should be free of dirt but it doesn't take much to scrach paint and one little missed area washing can leave a little dirt on the car. towels are far less likely to scratch since the fibers pick up and trap the dirt...not drag it accross the paint. Just not a big fan of them...

and I agree with Xoopiter about the detail sprays...they are great for making the car look like you just waxed it. I use them between washes and when their is just some light dust on the car...Never tried the stuff he's using but they're all pretty similar...I use Meguires.

Ive used the meguires to but man it smells like crap. Seriously it might be petty but that stuff WREEKS. I really like the new turtle wax ice "detailing spray". I have the liquid polish stuff but I don't think it does the same as there premium wax. I have no problem with water blades you just have to make sure there clean. I can almost guarentee no matter how well you dry the car you will have water spots unless you use a detailer.

Cheers
Jeff

Old 04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

LOL...yeah it doesn't smell the best [:'(] I can't remember the last time I washed my car without waxing it or using my detail spray afterwards. I just know it will look better by doing it. If you don't want to use either just use the damp towel and follow behind with a dry one hitting the areas that have streaks or spots.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:12 AM
HCF Member

What do you guys find is better Meguires detail spray or turtle ice spray?
I used to use black magic spray but I cant find it anymore...

Old 04-21-2006, 12:39 AM

ORIGINAL: HONDA_GUY

What do you guys find is better Meguires detail spray or turtle ice spray?
I used to use black magic spray but I cant find it anymore...

I Tryed the black magic spray the other day when I ran out of ice. IMO not as good as ice. I really dislike the meguires so my vote is for ice.

Jeff

Old 04-21-2006, 01:41 AM
HCF Member

im gonna go buy some of that saturday and give it a shot......

Old 04-21-2006, 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL: n8te81

im gonna go buy some of that saturday and give it a shot......

Make sure you get the spray and not the other shaped bottle. Its more like a wax and Im not sure if I like it yet. Also make sure you only use with a Microfiber towerl and make sure you don't over apply. Like for the truth 1-2 spritzes and it should be good to go. You will get the hang fast.

Cheers
Jeff

Quick Reply: i feel dumb saying this but......