Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Interior protecting/cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
HCF Member
Default Interior protecting/cleaning

I was wondering what is best to use to keep the interior/plastic/dash looking good. I WON"T use Armorall............
I'm using Quick Detail right now.....

Last edited by StonedCold; 09-04-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:17 PM

Why won't you use Armor-All?
I'm using Armor-All, and last time I used it on my dash was 2 weeks ago. My dash is still nearly as shiny as it was when I applied the Armor-All and it is still pretty clean looking.
Overall I thought it was a great product.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:00 AM
HCF Member

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
check this place out. They mainly deal with exteroir wax and stuff, but the leather cleaner and conditioners are awesome. I know the dashs are not leather but it works on all interior surfaces, just not glass and stuff. The actual liquid itself smells like leather, so every time I clean the inside of my car it smells like the inside of a ferrari. lol. it's good stuff. the waxes and everything else they carry work awesome too. If you've ever watched "unique whips" on the speed channel this is the stuff they use.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:18 AM
HCF Member

I like this

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G13616

makes everything look new and not shiny or greasy

Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 AM
HCF Member

Meguiars makes awesome stuff and it's cheeper, eaiser to find and really more versital than the zaino stuff. You can use that stuff on like nav screens and stuff too right?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:40 AM
HCF Member

I use armor all super shine

but because I drive in a dusty environment about 200 miles a week I wash/clean the inside of my car once a week. But Armor All works great. I think black magic makes something for the inside and it sucks so bad.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:49 AM
HCF Member

alota people come from the premiss that the NEED to clean the interior with some sort of greasy expensive substance like armorall..... why not just take a damn cloth and clean the interior of the car just like you would if you were cleaning something dusty in your home

Old 09-05-2008, 08:49 AM
HCF Member

damp* cloth

Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by BonesZ33
alota people come from the premiss that the NEED to clean the interior with some sort of greasy expensive substance like armorall..... why not just take a damn cloth and clean the interior of the car just like you would if you were cleaning something dusty in your home
actually, the Armor-All I use says right on the label "new, thicker, nongreasy formula" (and it was like $3 for a large spray bottle)
why not take a cloth? because it won't make it shine. Also, these products protect our dash from UVA and UVB rays. IDK about you, but my dash is 16 years old, so I need to use a product to keep it looking good. Maybe if my dash already looked brand new I would just use a cloth.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

i clean my interior every once in a while with hot water and a few drops of dishwasher soup. Once i get all the dirt and dust off i apply a nice layer of armor all with a new clean sponge.

My interior stay nice and shiny but when you pass your fingers over it its not all slimy and ****. It just looks and is CLEAN

heres some pics that show how my dash ans stuff looks and this is not even right after a cleaning:

http://obi1kanobi.com/Images/Car/Car...ints%20022.jpg

http://obi1kanobi.com/Images/Car/Car...ints%20021.jpg

Last edited by BX_Civic; 09-05-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Interior protecting/cleaning