Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Maaco Paint Job?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 04:40 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Maaco Paint Job?

ORIGINAL: Spark

i'm a testimony for Earl Sheib's....although the name has a bad reputation, i gotta say, they did a awesome job on mine. but then a again, because i had so many dinks and dents, it came out to $1,110. i believe the paint job was $500-600, and every dent and everything else just added up. but i'm happy with it...i know a lot of people wouldn't go there, but i really didn't feel like spending a lot of money on my paint job.

Beautiful paint job... do you know the paint code for that? Loooks amazing with those rims...

Old 12-30-2006, 03:48 PM
HCF Member

Yeah I'm loving that blue.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Ben

i'm a testimony for Earl Sheib's....although the name has a bad reputation, i gotta say, they did a awesome job on mine. but then a again, because i had so many dinks and dents, it came out to $1,110. i believe the paint job was $500-600, and every dent and everything else just added up. but i'm happy with it...i know a lot of people wouldn't go there, but i really didn't feel like spending a lot of money on my paint job.

Gorgeous car man

Old 01-08-2007, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

I am sadly in the same boat, All we have around here is Maaco, and family people doing it out of there garage. I honestly almost thought about painting my own car, I have a 50gal compressor and all I would need would be the paint and the sprayer. I don't really have any place to do it at the moment, but If we move I could get around to getting the stuff. Painting stuff has always been pretty easy for me, I assume If i can get good at the prep work I can do a single color paint job pretty well, but then again I dont know alot about it :-(

I work with a guy thats been painting stuff for a while, he offered to do mine for me, at least my body kit items as they come in. I thought about letting him tackle my spoiler and maybe a front bumper If i can find one, and see how they turn out, a few months later if they are looking good, I can let him do the entire car. No warranty or anything like that, but at least I know him.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:00 PM

doing a 3 stage paint job is not easy and will look like *** if you don't have a paint booth of some type. also afilter and a water seperator are nessesary for your air compressor to avoid ruing your paint job

my friend painted his girlfriends car in his garage with an enamel paint, he bought a harbor freight gun, and the white paint and some primer. did the prep work and painted it. it came out decent for a job that took him 3 days and 200 bucks.

but with paint you get what you pay for. giving maaco 300 dollars to paint your car will give you horrible paint because it takes a good amount of time to properly prep a car for paint. 300 dollars they don't give a ****. and a nice paint like PPG or house of color just for the paint, primer, clear, and other additives you need in an amount to paint a car can easily cost over 700 dollars. so maaco uses cheap paints and minimal prepwork to make any money. but by actually having them use a good quality paint, and do good prepwork the price would be just as much as any bodyshop.

painting your vehcile depends on how much money you want to spend. and its always better to do it right the first time.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:50 AM

It's as simple as you get what you pay for. What do you think a $400 paint job looks like, it looks like crap! If you want them to do a good job they will ask for more money, pretty simple really. Nothing wrong with Maaco, just expect to get what you pay for.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

I'd only go to Maaco if I personally knew the painter painting my car and knew of his rep. You have to think,the techs make or break the shop. Typically,an experienced professionalwon't settle for Maaco's wages. $300-$400 for an entire car, the painter gets his cut after the paint and supplies = 1 broke, unhappy tech. Maaco mostly hires inexperienced techs to be able to swing their low prices. There used to be a guy at the Maaco on 1-35 in OKC that did excellent work, but he knew he was better than what Maaco was paying him, now he has his own shop. To sum it up... 9 times out of 10 you'll get a crappy tech at Maaco. [8D]

Old 02-08-2007, 12:24 AM
HCF Member

Don't go macco... Go with a better shop that will do a better job. I don't recommend macco.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Ben

Man is it just me or from far away would this look like a bmw?

Old 02-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

^Just you

Quick Reply: Maaco Paint Job?