Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Magic Eraser for removing stains

Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
HCF Member
Default Magic Eraser for removing stains

A few months ago I replaced the headliner of my civic due to rips myself. It came out awsome(except the visors, but still ok). A few days ago I noticed a few stains on the headliner(not sure where they came from). I tried magic eraser and like majic the stains came off. I had to scrub a little and get a fan in there to dry the headliner material quickly but it worked great. My headliner is a light gray shade. Just incase someone wants to use it. Also while I was on headliner cleaning mode I cleaned my avalanche headliner. Since I sometimes drive with the windows down the edges and the back part of the headliner were dirty with dust. On this I just got my shop vac with a clean attachment with the bristles on the end and it cleaned up 90%. Whats lsft is only noticable to me. Good luck.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:31 PM
The Man

hey thanks for the tip man

Old 09-19-2011, 01:41 PM

I agree. There was a black scratch on my right rear honda rim. Washings and scrubbing with 409, windex, didnt do the trick. It wasn't until I spotted a magic eraser at work...went outside and had the black off in seconds...I can still feel the scratch, but I can't see it!

Highly Recommended.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Snail'n Admin

magic erasers work on most vinyl products and upholstery. however, be careful with rubbing to hard on plastic as you can actually bleach the plastic, especially if a strong all purpose cleaner is applied.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Slammed98silvercoupe
A few months ago I replaced the headliner of my civic due to rips myself. It came out awsome(except the visors, but still ok). A few days ago I noticed a few stains on the headliner(not sure where they Aftermarket parts from). I tried magic eraser and like majic the stains came off. I had to scrub a little and get a fan in there to dry the headliner material quickly but it worked great. My headliner is a light gray shade. Just incase someone wants to use it. Also while I was on headliner cleaning mode I cleaned my avalanche headliner. Since I sometimes drive with the windows down the edges and the back part of the headliner were dirty with dust. On this I just got my shop vac with a clean attachment with the bristles on the end and it cleaned up 90%. Whats lsft is only noticable to me. Good luck.
Thanks a lot bro. I recently had two black scratches on my rim(I have no freaking idea how they got their) and was wondering what I can do.. I was actually thinking of purchasing new rims, lol. I'm gonna try this out and put a before/after pic for those who wanna see how well of a job this does. Thanks again dude.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:24 PM

^^You're an idiot. You spammers suck hardcore. Reported.