Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Parking lot hit and run FACK!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:10 PM
HCF Member
Default Parking lot hit and run FACK!

thankfully my civic is just fine, I was driving my girlfriends car parked at the mall and when we came out someone had hit her car,

scratch starts behind the door and scrapes alllll the way along leaving green paint (on her red car) huge scratches and on the corner a very large area of chipped paint, green paint and more scratches
I was so pissed no green car in sight the person just drove straight through it i dont know how the retard couldnt have just stopped when there was some contact....

anyways I took my clay bar too it and removed some of the green paint but some is really ground in there....

any advice on restoring this spot to make it a lil less of an eye sore, her student budget doesnt allow for a body shop, polishing compound to remove the green paint? and then how to remove scratches or touch up the chipped spots

any help would be appreciated

Old 10-09-2008, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

^^ thats sucks dude but shyt happens i was in a hit in run also...have any pics to see so we can get a better pic of what your working with

Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 PM
HCF Member

oh wow dude thats harsh, i cant believe the haters out there who would do that to a perfectly nice car, and just leave

Old 11-04-2008, 06:23 AM
HCF Member

delayed response ive been workin alot

so i ended it up going at it with a turtle wax polishing compound which removed all of the paint transfer fairly easily and then used a meguires scratch-x which did a hell of a job on the little scrapes and scratches, there is still bare spots that were chipped right off, rather large ones actually but its wayyy less noticeable

anyone have any tips on touch up paint? I've never done it before and hope i can get it to blend well

Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 AM
HCF Member

Touch up the paint and build the damaged paint area up past the level of the factory paint. You'll have a little raised area where you touched up if you do this right. It'll prolly need a few coats. than get some FINE very fine sand paper or even a rubbing compound and slowley begin to level the raised area with the factory paint. checking your progress often. Once satisfied with your work and everything is nice and flat no dips or bumps in the paint surface. Polish the area with that scratch-X and you'll be golden!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:02 AM
HCF Member

thanks alot, ill probably take this on this weekend, ill let you know how it goes