Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Question about Armor All Tire Shine....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:48 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Question about Armor All Tire Shine....

im getting this brown crap all around my tires, what is that? i dont drive on dirt!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:54 AM
HCF Member

You just need to clean your tires more often. Like actually scrub the rubber part down with soap and hot water.

Any thing plastic or rubber on my car gets washed with realy hot water and soap atleast every 2 months, that way i clean off all old armorall and dirt.

Then afterwards i reapply armorall and they lool great again and they may not be shiney for a long time but they never look dull or brown.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:06 AM
HCF Member

oh wow, i got these tires in july, never washed before. ... driving on the freeway for the past month every day i've just noticed the ugly brown after a rain

Old 09-28-2007, 07:19 AM
HCF Member

Yeah just give them a god bath and reapply and they should be much better.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

what brand do you reccomend? I don't want something too bright that will outshine my rims... but something I can get at autozone or kragens
or pep boys... oh yeah what should i clean my rims with?

Old 10-01-2007, 05:48 AM
HCF Member

I have the armor all tire gel thats specifically for tires.

As for the wheels i use mag cleaner. I forgoet the brand that i use but its something specifically for wheels. Most important is i have a nice brush thats stiff but not like brillo just for my wheels.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: EWilliams2000Excoupe

Just so you guys know, and I know it makes your tires look great and everything, but that stuff eats your tires up. Seriously. It isn't good for them.
i've read this before too...in more than one spot, can't seem to find it now though

Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: burgernuds

oh wow, i got these tires in july, never washed before. ... driving on the freeway for the past month every day i've just noticed the ugly brown after a rain

are you serious? it never occured to you that you might need to wash the tires?

tires are probably the most important thing on your car....literally all that stands between you and the road. you should take better care of those than anything else on the car.

motor blows up....it wont flip you over, eject you from the car, and kill you
tranny heads south....so you have to ride the bus to work a few days, but you're still alive
paint gets scratched....yeah it sucks major ***, but you're still alive to fix it

tires have a blowout....you might get lucky and keep it under control, but on the other hand you might NOT be so lucky....either sending you off the road, into the ditch possibly flipping you over and hurting you seriously or killing you OR sending you into traffic...again, either hurting you seriously or killing you and/or others

there's something to think about next time you're cruising along at highway speeds lol. and chances are good that you wont ever have a problem out of your tires, but you never know. i haven't had a flat on my vehiclein several years, but had a blowout on a trailer about a month ago. luckily it's a tandem axle trailer and didn't cause major damage. just shredded the tire beyond recognition

Old 10-01-2007, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

- have used original Armor All on my tires and interior forever, don't like wet looking tires, just like them to look black - don't get it on your steering wheel or shift ****!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 05:53 AM

i recomend meguires products all the way. i use their hot tire spray on my tires. never had any brown on my tires and no sticky stuff like with the armor all gel.

Quick Reply: Question about Armor All Tire Shine....