Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Rain-X and Invisible Glass

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Default RE: Rain-X and Invisible Glass

I too use rain-x and all this time i been using it the wrong way lol i usually just spray it on the glass and than wipe and buff. and than i usually have to buff it like 2 moretimes so the glass can get fully clear. but oher than thth it work really great if u do it ocne a week u should be good

Old 07-31-2007, 12:20 AM
HCF Member

I like rainX aswell and think itworks awesome,but I recommend you don't get the rain X wiper fluid.... It works well however it left residue on my hood around the squirter's (dunno tech term) and it was such a b**** to get off. I scrubbed with a brush/car soap, meguiars clay bars, polished and waxed. And still you could see the residue. Eventually I got it all off.... but I haven't used my squirty since lol.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:41 AM
HCF Member

Im still having trouble with my windows. I have dry streaks I just cant get off. I dont know if the Rain-X has left them or just the combination of products I have used, but what's a good method of really getting a window clean?

I wish I could get the Rain-X off and start again.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

I use invisible glass, I dont put it on when the windows are hot though, just in my garage. And I only use it when I wash my car,also use a dry microfiber cloth, dont get it to damp with the spray. I havent had problems, the only time I have streaking problems is if the cloth gets to damp.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:39 AM
HCF Member

That might be my problem, the towel is too damp. I do have some Microfiber Glass towels, though nothing expensive. Been meaning to order a better quality one online, like a Cobra.
Need to wash the ones I have now, in the meantime.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:04 AM

i've never had a problem with rain-x.

my process:squirt rain-x ona folded papertowel and wipe it on the glass in circular motions in a small section (roughly 3'x3'). reapply to same area again and then move on to the next section.

you're going to have some nasty streaks on the windows after your done.i've never had any kind of luck trying to buff them out with a clean towel, or even with a little bit of water. i always use glass cleaner and newspaper to clean the windows afterward. it gets them clean and takes off just a minimal amount of the rain-x.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:22 AM
HCF Member

I use both RainX and Invisable glass, and if you follw the directions for both to a t then you shouldn't have any issues be sure to not use like paper towel though you wanna use a microfiber cloth or terry cloth for best results

Old 08-01-2007, 06:31 AM
HCF Member

Yeah I do use some nice Towels with the stuff, both products. The dry haze streaks might not be caused from either product. Going to try and just clean the windows off. Maybe it's Magic Eraser Time.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:37 AM
mxs
HCF Member

eww, don't use that

have you tried using invisible glass and newspaper? that works REALLY well.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:42 AM
HCF Member

I have before, it works fine. The Eraser I mean. On anothe forum someone posted the exact kind of haze streaks Im having a problem with (Though mine are to a much lesser degree) and the ME worked for him. Ive used them before.

I dont feel comfortable using Paper on the windows. Ick.

Quick Reply: Rain-X and Invisible Glass