Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

serious problem guysss need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
HCF Member
Default serious problem guysss need help

well 2day i noticed some nasty *** bird **** on my hood that i couldnt wipe off with just spraying water on.....
so i decided to take a car wash after work, only this car wash is done strictly by hand and the only machine near it is 2 spray soap on, let alone my car comes out and the bird crap is gone but the bird crap inprint is still imprinted on the hood, the guy said the bird crap stain is still their casue the paint is fresh, which i painted three weeks ago and im an idiot and should have waited, but he in 3 weeks let the paint dry more and then get it compounded and use sandpaper to take the crap out, is this correct????

Old 06-07-2007, 06:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: serious problem guysss need help

anyoneee??

Old 06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

just wait and see if it comes off by doing that. Worst case, it doesnt work and it messes the paint up a little more.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

how would compounding it mess the paint up tho... im new to this and not sure exactly what compounding is, the guy just told me 2 do it, can u explain it to me please

Old 06-07-2007, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

i recently had to do it to my cf hood. first off wait another2-3 weeks for the paint to competely dry. You may think that the paint is dry to the touch, but it is still soft compared to what it is when it is completely dry. go out to your closest auto parts store (I got it a O'reilly) and get some 2000 grit wetsanding paper and a bottle of 3M compounding liquid (a small bottle if they have it cuz you won't need a whole lot). alsoget a buffer and make sure you have a foam pad. (if you don't have a buffer, borrow one cuz its a lot of arm work without it, and the compounding won't come out as good.) ok so for the actual work:

lightly wetsand the area right around the bird **** area until it is smooth. the imperfection is just in the clear coat and can be taken out with sanding. make sure that you wash off the are after you are done sanding.
then get the buffer and foam pad and the compounding liquid. squirt a little of the liquid on the spot you sanded and buff it in as if you were using liquid wax. buff it for a while. I spent about 2 hours on my whole hood, so about 10-15 min on the small spot for be sufficient.

now that I am done typing all this, I would try to do justthe compounding first, and then if that doesn't work, go back and wet sand it.

this worked for me and now my hood is nice and smooth and shiny again, so good luck with it, hope this helps

Old 06-07-2007, 08:51 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ask the shop that did the paint work. they will either recommend what to use, or maybe they will just do it for you

Old 06-08-2007, 06:45 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Sigracer10

i recently had to do it to my cf hood. first off wait another2-3 weeks for the paint to competely dry. You may think that the paint is dry to the touch, but it is still soft compared to what it is when it is completely dry. go out to your closest auto parts store (I got it a O'reilly) and get some 2000 grit wetsanding paper and a bottle of 3M compounding liquid (a small bottle if they have it cuz you won't need a whole lot). alsoget a buffer and make sure you have a foam pad. (if you don't have a buffer, borrow one cuz its a lot of arm work without it, and the compounding won't come out as good.) ok so for the actual work:

lightly wetsand the area right around the bird **** area until it is smooth. the imperfection is just in the clear coat and can be taken out with sanding. make sure that you wash off the are after you are done sanding.
then get the buffer and foam pad and the compounding liquid. squirt a little of the liquid on the spot you sanded and buff it in as if you were using liquid wax. buff it for a while. I spent about 2 hours on my whole hood, so about 10-15 min on the small spot for be sufficient.

thanks a lot i appreciate that, ive never buffered or wet sanded my car be4, can i do something to mess up the paint... thats my biggest fear, i dont want to mess upp the paint by doing something stupid
now that I am done typing all this, I would try to do justthe compounding first, and then if that doesn't work, go back and wet sand it.

this worked for me and now my hood is nice and smooth and shiny again, so good luck with it, hope this helps

Old 06-08-2007, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

I think a clay process might work, but you should talk with the shop that painted your car. What color is it? (It looks dark-is that black?) Is it a quality paint job?
Bird **** on black paint is nearly impossible to remove completely. After it sits, the acid in the stuff eats away at the paint, and black paintis the least forgiving. I have worked at a local car wash for 6 years and we see that crap all the time. Never, ever let bird droppings sit and cook on your paint

Old 06-08-2007, 05:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Motor35

I think a clay process might work, but you should talk with the shop that painted your car. What color is it? (It looks dark-is that black?) Is it a quality paint job?
Bird **** on black paint is nearly impossible to remove completely. After it sits, the acid in the stuff eats away at the paint, and black paintis the least forgiving. I have worked at a local car wash for 6 years and we see that crap all the time. Never, ever let bird droppings sit and cook on your paint

ouchhhh the truth hurts lol, i didnt know that, thats frickin gayyy, should i get a car cover maybe?, the color is nighthawk black pearl, its a black with a tint of blue

Old 06-09-2007, 02:51 AM
HCF Member

Thats a nice color for the car. sorry to hear about the birds doing....