Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Tired of Black on Black. New Paint Job Suggestions Please..

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Arrow Tired of Black on Black. New Paint Job Suggestions Please..

OK, so I have had my 98 Honda Civic Ex painted black with black rims, blacked out lights, and black tinted windows since 2005, but now everyone and their mom has this color scheme on their Honda where I live and I'm ready to change it. Any Color Suggestions will be appreciated.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 PM
HCF Member

bright annoying colors! i cant wait to one day have a matte olive green with bright green trim/black interior! hahaha

Seriously though i am a fan of brighter colors, it is possible without being rice, i swear!

drop it a few more inches, gold rims and untint lights?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 AM

lol I agree with you on lowering it. I would paint it a crazy color but I already have a target on my car by the police because it's a Honda. With brighter colors I will be a bright lime green target.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by belleza98
lol I agree with you on lowering it. I would paint it a crazy color but I already have a target on my car by the police because it's a Honda. With brighter colors I will be a bright lime green target.
i know what you mean, i like my silver, i blend right in haha

Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 AM

Color for the car to be painted? How much do you plan on spending on the paint job? Do you plan on getting the engine bay done as well as the door jambs? You are looking at least $3k for a perfect job.

I would suggest to change out the wheels, and tail lights. I am not sure how you don't get pulled over for that tint on the tails already Go with a nice set of 15's and lower the car a little more. There are hundreds of color combinations for wheels that will work with a black car. The paint looks like it held up well for the past 14-15 years, why potentially ruin it with a cheap (again, not sure of your budget) paint job?

Also, get ride of those things on the fenders :/ Otherwise, with a few little changes, I am sure the car will look great and make you happy again.

EDIT - Gold wheels would look good as turtle suggested IMO. Also, look into the 99-00 Civic coupe tail lights if you do not like the amber turn signals from the 96-98 lights.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 03-07-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 AM

@Turtlegrip I was thinking about a silver and that's what I'm starting to lean more on. That white, blue, red....Anything that looks good with black rims because I still want those. lol

@Cvcrcr99 lol don't make fun of my side thingys. But they weren't my choice. My dad gave it to me with the breathers "CUT" into the car. I was talking about a new paint job for the shell of the car instead of the black. I love the black rims but not the paint anymore, its just to common now. The paint job wasn't like this when I first got it, more of a rusty black, but I got this paint job back in 05 for $300 at Maaco and it held up pretty good, so that's around the price I was expecting to pay. I got pulled over before but not for the tint. (Knock on Wood)

Edit: If I get 99-00 lights don't I have to get a new back end or is that just for the front lights?

Last edited by belleza98; 03-07-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 AM

99-00 Tail light conversion needs nothing but the lights.

I would just buy new unpainted fenders and throw them on if you are getting a new paint job in order rid yourself of those breathers. I am sure they "work" but I seriously doubt Honda made an error by NOT putting them on there.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
I would just buy new unpainted fenders and throw them on if you are getting a new paint job in order rid yourself of those breathers. I am sure they "work" but I seriously doubt Honda made an error by NOT putting them on there.
hehehe (he could paint them, would help a little, fenders are like 40$ each out here -_-)

I like silver a lot and it looks good with black rims, especially with the silver lips. I am also a fan of smaller rims, but yours dont look bad at all, but still drop it some more

Maybe look into a slightly darker silver than stock, more gun metal-ish, just a personal preference though. Maybe some colored calipers too?

I really wish I chould get away with a $300 paint job where i live, but ive seen the ones here at that cost, peels on the first day of summer....

Last edited by Turtlegrip; 03-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

mine was black and the owner painted it a copper/burnt orange color

Old 03-09-2012, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Turtlegrip
hehehe (he could paint them, would help a little, fenders are like 40$ each out here -_-)

I like silver a lot and it looks good with black rims, especially with the silver lips. I am also a fan of smaller rims, but yours dont look bad at all, but still drop it some more

Maybe look into a slightly darker silver than stock, more gun metal-ish, just a personal preference though. Maybe some colored calipers too?

I really wish I chould get away with a $300 paint job where i live, but ive seen the ones here at that cost, peels on the first day of summer....
"SHE could paint them." Yeah I'm going with a darker silver, I'm dropping it like one and half inches to 2inches and my brother suggested that I paint the calipers pink so people would know that I'm a girl but I was thinking about painting them green. Maaco had a special so I guess I was lucky. Is it better to get the adjustable springs or the ones that are just that set height?

@cvcrcr99 I see what your saying but if I'm going to get the new fenders and the lights I might as well do an si bumper conversion on the front since it's hard to find one down here...Or is that lame?

@20 SMOKE That's a nice color too. I saw a del sol with that color racing a grey civic and the next thing I noticed was a cop come around the grey civic and pull over the orange del sol. I'm trying to go under the radar.

Thank all of you for responding!

Last edited by belleza98; 03-09-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Tired of Black on Black. New Paint Job Suggestions Please..