Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES, add SOHC VTEC decal
48.21%
NO, don't add decal
51.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

VOTE!! SOHC VTEC vinyl decal (like DOHC VTEC)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:42 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: VOTE!! SOHC VTEC vinyl decal (like DOHC VTEC)

thanks for the input! I can't believe how close the poll is/was!! almost 50/50. I still don't know if I want to. I mean, if decide to do it, it will only be 5 bucks to do. If I don't like it, I can just throw it out.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:27 AM
HCF Member

I thought of doing that earlier this week when I saw a 97 Si the same color as mine (silver) with the darker grey sticker lettering for DOHC.I thought better of it when I realized that I need to save my cash for other, more important things.

I think you should too. Also, your car looks good. I like the newer rims in particular. Much better than the three spokes. I agree with others about the sun visor, though. I actually almost bought a set of Del Slo fat fives as well just this morning, but some clown decided to run them up mad expensive on ebay. I guess I was thinking that $65 bucks for them all would be reasonable, and $50 would be better. Anything but the stock steelies and rancid caps I've got.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:27 AM
HCF Member

check mine out... it's as close as it gets without it being DOHC.... I think it looks nice. Everyone that looks at mine says that they think it's an Si until they see the "S" OHC... I always get compliments....

Old 05-01-2007, 02:31 AM
June 2010 ROTM

thanks!! it looks sweet tdci29

Old 05-01-2007, 09:17 AM

don't get the SOHC VTEC. Advertise the fact that you havea VTEC engine....but don't advertise that you have a SOHC. If you beat somebody in race or something like that then you can brag about having a single cam. Find some VTEC stickers and putthose on your car. People actually look for the single cammers cuz there and easy target. keep them guessing...

Old 05-01-2007, 11:53 PM
HCF Member

^ but if you're not racing your car then you don't have anything to worry about.... And people don't try to look for me. You guys are all saying things that happen that I haveNEVER experienced with my vtec decals on the side....

Old 05-02-2007, 12:31 AM
HCF Member

^ well people will look at ur car and try to race if they see u got rims, tints, and black housed lights. Theyll then see that u got the SOHC and by like o a single cammy

Old 05-02-2007, 12:44 AM
June 2010 ROTM

See, everyone is all about hiding the fact that they have a single cam. I don't care that I do. I'd rather they know what I have so they don't rev about and try to race me all the time.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:54 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: phan10m

^ well people will look at ur car and try to race if they see u got rims, tints, and black housed lights. Theyll then see that u got the SOHC and by like o a single cammy
like I said, I've hadthe decals on for a year now and no one tries to come up to me... That's just me though.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm proud of being a SOHC owner, but I'm not sure I'd advertise it with a sticker. Personally, I say no; I think when I turbo the car, I'm going to tape off the letters "SOHC" and paint the rest black (leaving the letters aluminum). I say find another way to rep the single cam.

Quick Reply: VOTE!! SOHC VTEC vinyl decal (like DOHC VTEC)