Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Winter Driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 PM
HCF Member
Default Winter Driving

Hey guys...just wondering if you guys know of any specifics that should be done before the snow, salt, sleet, heavy rain and all other elements begin to attack our rides during these winter months. Any good waxes that should be applied or whatnot

Old 11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: Winter Driving

Um definitely take off the rims. Well I do it around here. Depending on the coating on your rims, that salt and whatever they put down on the roads usually isnt good for them. Im sure you might be able to get away with it for a year or few but why take the risk. Plus, usually low pro tires arent the best in snow. Back to the steelies for me!

Old 11-17-2007, 04:30 PM

ive lived in a place that can have some serious snow and freezing rain out of now where so you just gotta kinda know to expect it during the seasons. it wouldnt hurt to put some wax on the car before winter hits but as like all wax, its gonna wear off in time. if possible, just park your car in a garage or somewhere even covered rather then just plain outside. also, depending on if you have experience in snow, you can go with just stockies instead of studs or traction tires. i personally havent ever had to use studs or traction tires, but i prolly should seeing the way i drive when theres snow. anyways, just the small things you gotta watch out for, oh and if u have a cold air, you might want to take that off also. take care bro.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

really? now i am scared and want to take my rims and intake off cause i live in ny and it just snowed! but i dont wanna go through all that hassle. the salt is all over the place now!

Old 12-02-2007, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

i take my lip off and put my steelies back on for the winter. Like GReddy said, save the rims and also i have summer tires on my 17"s so thats not good for the snow, then the lip might get ripped up if i drive through a large snow drift. I think Mill$civic goes as far to remove his ebay projector lights as well, btu im not going THAT far....

Old 12-03-2007, 06:33 AM
HCF Member

lol always better safe than sorry... might be a good time to repaint the chrome on the rims since i scraped them a few weeks back parking

Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

damn, that really sucks for you guys.... I guess the only good thing about CA is that my car stays the same during winter[&:]

Old 12-04-2007, 03:38 PM
HCF Member

i threw the steelies on

Old 12-05-2007, 08:36 AM

i take my hubcaps off[8D] dont want those gettin nasy

Old 12-05-2007, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

It's a little more intense up here in Canada, considering we just got dumped with 2 feet of snow.
I took the 17's off my civic, put 15' steelies with Blizzack tires. Then I got the car undercoated, and a full buff and wax job done by a local( Shine Depot )
I even managed to get my interior carpet and matts done with Scotch Guard to protect them, plus winter matts put in my trunk and interior.

Quick Reply: Winter Driving