ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Anyone knows where is the Fuel Filter???????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Default Anyone knows where is the Fuel Filter???????????

Hi !!![sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
Does anyone where fuel filter is located, I have a Civic EX 02 Vtec.
I have 2 years with it and havent change the filter also my girl let the tank empty several times. My car is kinda ****ed up

When I stop at red ligths,it sounds likeit had fuel tank empty and moves forward like it was going to run out of gas and then after few secs it goes fine. I noticed this after I used Lucas Fuel Treatment.

That proves that Civic is the toughfest car around *****!!![8D][8D][8D]

Please answer !!!!!![X(][:-]

Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Default RE: Anyone knows where is the Fuel Filter???????????

mines on the firewall to the right of the battery. idk about yours tho.. jus keep looking it might be an IN-tank fuel filter idk

Old 04-02-2007, 12:00 PM

most likely its attached to your firewall somewhere....its a little black alluminum cylinder...not exactly sure of the placement on the 02....it will be somewhere close to you intake manifold

Old 04-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Still looking for the ****!!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

After searching around a bit I have come up with the conclusion that the fuel filter is located in the tank. I guess you can remove the rear seat cushion and there's an access hatch to get to it. However, apparently Honda says it is a lifetime filter and that it never needs to be changed?

Old 04-03-2007, 07:56 PM

Thanx Khanselman !!!! I already called to the dealership earlier and they told the same about the filter only that they sell the replacement. Is located in the back as you said so and I found the acces hactch they told you...

I think that my car needs a new filter, it migth be clogged cuz my girl left it without gas several times and the car start running heavy,and acting like it was going to turn off like when yourun it without gas. I noticed this since I add to the gas Lucas GaS Treatment it migth be too strong and cleaned the fuel lines and injectors, sending all the crap to the filter creating a clog.

Thanx by the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 AM

[sm=gears.gif]This is what I got after looking under the seat.

I found I big cap, like the ones on the 5 gallon tanks the white ones. Need both hands and lots of strength.

It had a big black wire goin thru the car and a gray conecctor.

I did not removed the cap since I havent get the filter.

Stick around....[sm=feedback.gif]

thnx

Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

I'm kinda curious to see how this works out for you. I thought about changing mine, but I am not sure especially if they say it is a lifetime filter..

Old 04-04-2007, 01:08 PM

The fact they say its a lifetime filter is kinda odd cause its a filter ya know it gets dirty....i would replace it no matter what they say...it couldnt hurt

Old 04-04-2007, 02:35 PM

Remove the stock fuel line (push sides of clip and pull) and push out of the way.
• Get a hammer and a flat-head screwdriver and start tapping the ridges of the screw on cover lid to the fuel tank in a counter-clockwise direction; once loosened try unscrewing the rest by hand. Pull that off and set aside.

• Carefully remove pump housing from tank, I can’t give specific directions for removing it; you’re going to have to tilt it at some point to get it out; BE VERY CAREFUL not to damage the fill gauge or you will never know how much gas you have till you replace it.
o Once removed place on some towels and let dry, cover the tank up so dirt does not get into the tank.

Quick Reply: Anyone knows where is the Fuel Filter???????????