ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Crome? Uberdata? or Hondata?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Question Crome? Uberdata? or Hondata?

I have a 95 civic with a jdm d15b bottom and a d16z6 head (mini me) which i have put a custom turbo kit on... i was considering buying a hondata untill i heard about these tuning programs...can anyone tell me which route i should go? i have a usdm odb1 ecu with a jet chip installed right now... i have no problems with tuning it my self but i am wondering what all is needed to use these programs and if it would be worth it to get the stuff and do it myself or just spend the money and get the hondata...Any info and opinions on this would be greatly appriciated....thanks

-WootWootw
"Save The SOHC"
"Eat Sleep Breathe JDM"

Old 10-14-2009, 11:22 AM

If you don't know what you're doing then you really shouldn't try to tune it yourself.

What's a jet chip?

Hondata is more expensive but has more features and i've read something somewhere about it being better at partial throttle tuning.
Crome is free but not as nice as Hondata. It's still a really nice tuning program though, and seems to be what most people use.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

Well if you know how to tune I would assume you would want hondata since it seems to be the most user friendly, but most people use the program that their tuner is most familiar with. Chrome definitely being the most popular being that its free.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:45 PM

Hondata FTW!! However, if you are on a budget, go with something free. If you are having a tuner doing the tuning, check with him/her which is their favorite to work with.

Only if you know what you are doing, own a wideband o2 sensor and A/F gauge (I would also recommend a boost gauge to monitor boost leaks/creep and a oil pres. gauge, too), then go for either the Hondata s200, or s300.

Before you buy anything, research which program offers what you need, which one fits your budget, and pros/cons of each.

Edit: Oh yea, SAVE THE SOHC!!! woot

Old 11-08-2009, 03:53 AM
HCF Member

im running crome,i paid someone to tune it for me.. im very satisfied, hondata isnt availble here if its is its way to expensive for me