ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Help - fitted SAFC and warning light came on, removed it and still comes on!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Default Help - fitted SAFC and warning light came on, removed it and still comes on!

93 civic, d16z6, 1.6 vtec sohc.

Hi guys I fitted an APEXI SAFC and shortly after the warning light / engine check light came on, I removed the SAFC and put the wires back to how they were and it still comes on!

It doesnt seem to happen on idle, but there is no obvious time when it does it... I could be on a motorway at a moderate speed not accelerating and it will come on, or flooring it in any gear and it will come on.... generally within 3 - 5 mins of driving.

any ideas? how can I tell why the warning light is on (without going to honda themselves)

Cheers Guys

Andy

[IMG]local://upfiles/7800/4E97EA95576743E0831B54EBEFED7D7E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Default RE: Help - fitted SAFC and warning light came on, removed it and still comes on!

just to add to my dilema - ive been reading a little on here ...and noticed about engine fault codes (I have never done this before) but i found the 2 wires by the ecu, joined em... then the code read 43... (FUEL SUPPLY ???)

more help needed - could it be an injector? what else? please help

could the fact the I increased fueling be that I've damaged an injector or sensor?

I used to get a bit of a miss-fire every now and then for no reason but would only last 5 seconds or slow and clear up.

cheers

andy

Old 01-11-2006, 09:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Help - fitted SAFC and warning light came on, removed it and still comes on!

Well what wires did you mess up when you wired it all up together. I suggest you make sure you ECU wires are all soddered back where they belong, then take the NEGITIVE battery terminal off and let it sit for 30 mins. That should reset the ECU. Oh and that SAFC is a POS. Put it back on ebay. It controlls fuel but not spark. Those are NOT worth the high pricetag they carry.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:17 AM

no wires messed up - an auto electrician fitted it who has done these before.

It all seemed to go wrong when i upped the fuel. i have fully removed the SAFC and wires... and the light still comes on. seems to take longer to come on now.

I have had the ECU fuse out for a few hours and so far today the light hasnt come on but I only drove for 10 mins this morning.

the car has been idling slightly rough and spluttery on take off but clears up when driving slightly harder than normal...

im still weary of my injectors ... the warning code is 'Fuel Supply' so what else could this be?

Old 01-16-2006, 01:35 PM

ENGINE CHECK LIGHT STILL COMING ON ... Come on guys someone must have a clue...

things ive tried....

injector cleaner mixed with fuel..... still the same (CODE 43 - fuel supply)
New fuel filter ......... still the same (CODE 43 - fuel supply)
replaced the fuel pump ......... still the same (CODE 43 - fuel supply)

What else is there?

it seems to come on more when the car is under load (up a long hill for a few mins) or on a dual carriagway for 10mins or so.

cheers

andy

Old 01-16-2006, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

hows the fuel pressure? Check the regulator.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:01 AM

Did you try resetting the ecu? My 97 did that when I had the vafc any time i changed the vtec point, or changed my fuel settings. Unplug the battery for 20 seconds and then see what happnes before you spend anymore money.

Old 01-18-2006, 04:07 PM

pcupo12 - the regulator seems fine, i have reduced the pressure slightly to try and solve it but it didnt help, Its been on for 7 months with no bother.

97civicturbo - i took the battery terminal off for an hour or so the other night and that didnt help either. it came on within 10 mins of driving.

today it has stopped coming on, I have not done anything else to solve it (but i have had a mix of injector cleaner in the fuel).... the only problem remaining is on idle...

it idles at very low rpm (500rpm) and sometimes the whole engine shakes quite fast and hard. if i rev slightly its fine.

has anyone had similar issues??

allthough the lightened flwheel and cam made it a little lumpy and lower rpm on idle... just not this extreme.

cheers guys

andy

Old 01-19-2006, 01:34 AM
HCF Member

Vac line leak? Maybe your timing is off?