HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ECU Tuning & Fuel Management (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/)
-   -   Idle Air Control Valve (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/idle-air-control-valve-38362/)

cajunfive 02-18-2007 11:20 AM

Idle Air Control Valve

Hello everyone,
This is my first post and also my first import. I normally have pre 70's American vehicles so am new to this import thing.

I have a 1995 Honda Civic DX with a D15B7 engine and i am getting a Code 1 (Oxygen Sensor) and Code 14 (IAC Valve)
I'm not to worried about the Code 1 cause i will change the sensor but I tested the IAC and the resistance in within tolerance but the voltage being supplied to the valve is only 5 VDC, the manual says it should be battery voltage. Any suggestions on why only 5VDC are going to the IAC.

Thanks in advance to any help

cajunfive 02-18-2007 12:33 PM

RE: Idle Air Control Valve

Just so i'm reading the code right, after jumpering the plug I turn the ignition to ON and the CEL has 1 long blink then a long pause and then 1 long blink and 4 short one. That is a Code 1 and a Code 14 right?

Street Sniper 02-18-2007 02:10 PM

Actually the first long blink is to let you know that there is a stored code. If it hadboth it would repeat the sequence of one long blink, then another long blink and four short ones. IACV's are a squirrely thing. Clean it out and see if that helps, otherwise you may need to replace it.

cajunfive 02-18-2007 02:42 PM

But what about the 5 VDC is that normal or should there be 12 VDC. Haynes manual just said battery voltage which to me is 12 VDC butI could be wrong

cajunfive 02-18-2007 03:00 PM

OK I rechecked the CEL again and this is what I get: 1 long blink a pause then 1 long blink and 4 short blinks then a pause and the sequence repeats itself.

Now according to the Helms Manual codes 1-9 are shown by just short blinks and 10-??? are long blink 1st digit and short blinks 2nd digit. The Haynes Manual says the first digit is a long blink and the second is a short blink

So if you go by the Helms Manual all I have is a Code 14 if you go by the Haynes Manual I have a Code 14 and a Code 1

Now I'm Fracking confused.

Street Sniper 02-18-2007 03:28 PM

If you had both, it would bethree long blinks first then 4 short, and then repeat two long, 4 short. The first long blink is to let you know that there is a code. If you want to simplify it, AutoZone will read it for free.

Where are you from that your name is Cajun?

cajunfive 02-18-2007 03:47 PM

I am from Carencro Louisiana

Street Sniper 02-18-2007 04:17 PM

No kidding. I'm in Baton Rouge.

cajunfive 02-18-2007 04:40 PM

Cool maybe you can swing by and fix the car
lol

cajunfive 02-18-2007 04:43 PM