ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

PLease Help - Civic ECU Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Default PLease Help - Civic ECU Tuning

Guys,,

Does anyone know how i can tune Civic OBDII 2005 - D15Y3 engine?

im planning to have turbo for extra power, the mechanical side seems typical and easy to be done having most of the components locally.. but the problem that i couldn't manage to find the solution for this engine model...

Thanks in advance for your contribution..

Old 06-16-2011, 04:29 AM

what is the exactly problems of you?
as for the honda vehicles,there are some proffessional tools.
for me i know GNA600.
It is ok for me read codes etc functions.

you can search and have a look.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:59 PM
HCF Member

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I think the only options are getting a piggy-back system or converting to obd1. Using a piggy-back system is not as good as having a tuneable ecu, though. I'm not sure how much of a difference there is, though, and whether the difference is more pronounced depending on how much HP you're shooting for.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:28 AM

Thank you guys for your contribution...

Well, I knew that there is many options for tunning but whenver i checked with any of the suppliers, they couldnt confirm that will work with my model..

mine is 2005 Civic D15Y3/2, this model is in Middle East / Gulf Area / Africa...

but I had to did it myself to figure out what to do...

I got the car manual, showing the detailed wiring diagram and then downloaded the AEM installtion guide for the FI/C for the US model Civic 01-05 LX/EX...

GUESS What, Mine is exactly the same.. the wiring harness is exactly the same of the other models excpet the VTEC (which will have some extra sensros for VTEC).....

I used even the Multimeter (Ohm) to doublecheck the ECU harness with each CPS / CAM P / TPS / ECT / ATS / MAP / INectors..... and all are exactly the same as of the US model...

Now i feel more comfortable and will move forward, im gonna order the FI/C + Wide band sensor... fit them into my car.. study the basic functions and then moving forward to my Kit installation...

will post more soon

Old 06-17-2011, 04:46 AM
HCF Member

good luck! If you don't mind me asking, what's your HP goal?

Old 06-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Default Hello...

Well, i did compression test to check my engine first .. gave 150 PSI on every cylinder... with Zero difference... thus i would say internals are in good shape..

mine is 110 HP Stock, thus i would target around 160-170 HP, with boos of 6-7 PSI max of 8 PSI... with stock internals..

What do you think? am i reasonable with my expectations?

it doesn't look much, but with 1077 KG weight, I presume will feel the difference..

Old 06-18-2011, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

I'm still learning myself, but I think you will be fine on stock internals at 160-170 HP. That's based on hearsay, I've never boosted a car. I think whether or not stock internals hold up gets controversial once you get over 200HP. Also, I think that whether or not your stock internals will hold up depends on the amount of HP you are trying to push and not the amount of boost you are running. Please (anyone) correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:01 AM

I do agree with you, however, boost & extra HP you are targeting are related, but the second drives the first, in other words, boost of 7-8 PSI will give different extra HP on different engine (with different stock HP)

but overall, its kind of ration of the original HP....

again, if anyone disagree, please comment...!!

Rg