ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Quick crome questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:39 AM
HCF Member
Default Quick crome questions

Ok i am finally ready to buy a tuning package from xenocron, and i have a few questions. the actual tuning part of it is pretty clear to me but the hardware setup is a bit fuzzy.

first of all, i am going to be using a LC-1 for my wideband. now in this how-to i am reading it says to splice the brown wire from the lc-1 into the white whire from the ecu o2 sensor when i am tuning. then i need to set the lc-1 to output on analog 2, to .1 to 3.25 volts because that is the maximum our ecu's can register on the o2 sensor wire. Then i just need to diable the o2 sensor in crome pro and then set the o2 scale to match.

Now my question about all of that is, 1.) is that what everyone else is doing or is there a better way? and 2.) where is the o2 scale in crome pro?

Here is the site i was reading this from----> http://www.lukekailburn.com/lc1.html

Ok now my next question is is it possible to pull a map off my current chip? I am asking this because i currently have a basemap from xenocron runing in there right now, and i would like to use that as a good statring place, now obviously i would need to put the osterich in the socket, but can i put the xenocron chip in the chip butner and pull info off of it? Is this possible and is there a walk through? NVM about this i found the instructions on how to read off the chip on moates.net

If this isnt possible, is it going to be alot harder to tune from a stock z6 map? or if anyone has a eagle/vitara with a stock head and 450's and a 57 trim t3/t4 bin they would like to share. I did look on the xenocron bin directory but there wernt any exacly what i was looking for, but i did grab a couple to look at.

And one final set of questions, right now i am running on the wastegate spring, now i know this isnt enough boost to max my injectors, but i was wondering how go about tuning as i turn up the boost. should i tune everything on the wastegate spring, and then turn up the boost and just modify the values? or should i start to tune at the higer boost right away?

The other thing i was wondering int is, what duty cycle should i not go over? i am running dsm's and i would like to make the most power with out ruining the injectors, can i run them at 100% without damage?