ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

seafoam is the, SHEEZY!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:34 PM
HCF Member
Default seafoam is the, SHEEZY!?!

So i got the 99 ex with 117xxx miles, car runs fine, drips a little oil but who cares dropping a new motor in soon anyway, but about the seafoam...

car was getting 29-32 mpg city / highway driving constant.. ran seafoam through it on a half tank and didnt notice much of a difference, but the next tank, omg wow, im now getting 42 mpg... 420 miles on 28 dollars of gas... im loving it

if you got a car with over 75k on it i totally recomend that crap, it is amazing... my car also idles better and accelerates harder... for 5.86 you cant go wrong with the stuff..

just my 2 cent on seafoam lol

-didder

Old 09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Default RE: seafoam is the, SHEEZY!?!

did you run a whole bottle through your tank? or did you put some in the vacume line and stuff?

Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

i've heard of this, but where can you get it, just an auto parts store?

Old 09-12-2007, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

Would be nice to see a DIY on this stuff.... Ive heard so many ways of doing this and the bad ways to do it. How it can mess something up. So if someone else does it, do a DIY. I think i would, but i gotta figure out a short in my car right now... but ive always wanted to try that stuff. Let us know!

Old 09-12-2007, 11:58 PM
HCF Member

I hardly notice any difference at all when I tried it last year, maybe because my car was still young, probably had 60k miles or less. At least the big cloud of smoke was cool[&:]

Old 09-13-2007, 12:01 AM
HCF Member

I hardly notice any difference at all when I tried it last year, maybe because my car was still young, probably had 60k miles or less. At least the big cloud of smoke was cool

ORIGINAL: xramseyx

Would be nice to see a DIY on this stuff.... Ive heard so many ways of doing this and the bad ways to do it.
there is already a diy under the diy section[&:]

ORIGINAL: Sigracer10

i've heard of this, but where can you get it, just an auto parts store?
yeah, pretty much any auto parts store has it.

damn, pressed the reply button instead of the edit button lol[&:]

Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 AM

Whenever i go Jiffy Lube they have this special one that they pour into the vacuum line and to me that one work much better than when u pour it into ur gas tank. u see instant result. it was so bad white smoke was coming out of my muffler for like 5-7 min while the guy was doin it and when he finally finsih my car felt so good. it seem like it reawaken some of its lost hp and my idle car more steadily now.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:43 AM
HCF Member

There is a very detail DIY in the DIY Section of the forums. Go check it out...Watch out for your spark plugs after a couple uses.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: s2000gtx

Whenever i go Jiffy Lube they have this special one that they pour into the vacuum line and to me that one work much better than when u pour it into ur gas tank. u see instant result. it was so bad white smoke was coming out of my muffler for like 5-7 min while the guy was doin it and when he finally finsih my car felt so good. it seem like it reawaken some of its lost hp and my idle car more steadily now.
Sea foam is the same product for both methods...fuel tank method targets different components than the vacuum line method....I do both at the same time and Jiffy Lube is evil...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

ya i did it in the crank, gas tank, and vacuum line, im actually waiting for it to stop smoking right now and so far so good. its takin a lot longer to stop smokin than 5 min, but its gotten to the point where there is very little so i think its about done

Quick Reply: seafoam is the, SHEEZY!?!