ED-EF Swaps 1991 and older Civics, CRXs

C32A Swap

Old 06-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Default C32A Swap

Okay so first of all I have a 1988 Honda civic Wagon. The first thing on my list of to do's is a engine and transmission swap. What I need to know is what will I have to do to get the engine to fit, if it is even possible to swap, and whether a 5-speed or 6-speed transmission will be needed and I DO NOT want to keep the automatic transmission i have. I have the engine yet because I wanted to know how much trouble this would be before I started spending money on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:33 AM

Never saw this swap done before. You would have to go with a C series transmission.

Start researching!

Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 AM

Well apparently everyone thinks a C32A is from an NSX? Mine came out of a Acura Legend. Every thread related to a C32A swap is filled with posts about how it isn't worth the money and no info on how to actually do it. Looks like I am going to have to figure it out on my own....

Last edited by Higgy9795; 06-12-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 AM

I dunno. Wikipedia says Acura Legend.

Honda C engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would contact Hasport (mount) company for something like this. Not sure who else could make mounts for something like this. I know nothing about the motor, so I am not even sure if the motor will fit.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
I dunno. Wikipedia says Acura Legend.

Honda C engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would contact Hasport (mount) company for something like this. Not sure who else could make mounts for something like this. I know nothing about the motor, so I am not even sure if the motor will fit.
I'm assuming It will not fit but do not currently have the engine (In OH) to see if it will. The good news is (kind of), if the engine doesn't fit in the front, I may be able to mount it in the rear of the car. However that will take a ton of money and fabricating.

*For now I think I am just going to swap a b16A in just so I can get rid of the old engine because it is pushing 240K miles and have a decent boost in performance. The C swap is going to be a pain in the A$$ and it is going to cost way to much money and take way to much time. Eventually I will find a way to do it but I am going to keep it simple for now until I am done with highschool.

Last edited by Higgy9795; 06-12-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 AM

If there is nothing wrong with the current motor, research and find what would be a better swap than a B16. IMO, pretty much anything would be better than a B16. Go B18, B20, or H22 Hell, I would suggest for you to get a D16z6 motor and boost that before swapping in a N/A B16.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:27 AM

Would it be hard to swap an h22 into the wagon?

Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM

Probably, yes. But it would be easier than installing a C32. I guarantee that Hasport has your answer. They will be able to tell you what parts you need for the motor to work into your chassis.

Rywire.com will be able to help you with a harness to actually start and drive the motor with no problems.

I should have skipped all the bull**** about saving money when I first attempted my swap. Would have saved me a lot of time, money, and headaches.

After wasting about 6 months of time and about $300 on the harness, I ponied up and bought a rywire. Love it. After wasting about $1000 on mounts and a bunch of different axle set-ups, Hasport mounts worked great for me. Both companies can be considered pricey, but when you can just plug and play, it is beautiful

Old 06-12-2012, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

The H22 wouldn't be terrible! there is a full swap kit from Explicit Speed Performance!!!

The Accord F23 is the same idea.

For auto to manual, you'll just need a chipped ECU, proper pedals, hydro to clutch (or find a cable F-series transmission!), and a cable or hydro shifter box.

That's what I want to do, anyways. :P

Expensive, but well worth it, I think!

Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 PM

^^ESP is one of those awesome companies that specializes in H/F swaps into Civics/Preludes/Accords only. They take a while to ship, only because they hand make everything before shipping. Nothing is on their shelves except materials.

I have an alternator relocation bracket from them on my H.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C32A Swap