ED-EF Swaps 1991 and older Civics, CRXs

Whats all needed for a Zc swap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 06:50 PM
Default Whats all needed for a Zc swap?

whats all needed to do a zc swap. What hp is it. CAn i use my tranny or do i gotta get one. Please explain in detail

Old 09-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Default RE: Whats all needed for a Zc swap?

I think a ZC engine gets about 130 HP.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:58 PM

DOHC ZC? yea im pretty sure 130 stock...a bro do you have a 4th gen hatch?...if you do and ur lookin to do a zc swap check this guys i love his car....sorry i dont have the info you need but if u have a 4th gen there is some inspiration (in my opinion)

Old 10-01-2004, 07:54 PM

89 honda civic hb

Old 10-01-2004, 11:39 PM

i thought so..i just tried that link and it didnt work were u able to get it?...here it is again if that dosnt work and ur interested in seeing it click on my cardomain link in my sig and look on my friends list and click on dohczc...i just thought you may like to see it..i really like what he has done with his car and he has the motor u want..

Old 10-01-2004, 11:57 PM

yea i looked at it, i had to right click , properties, and steal the link and just open it myself. But yea it looks kool. I was just wondering if i can use my new clutch and tranny off my motor. Or do i have 2 get another one. .. And another question. How much can i get for my motor i have now. If i have 2 get a tranny im going to sell mine and the new clutch with the motor.

Old 10-02-2004, 12:13 AM

im assuming its a DX...i have seen them go for as much as 350 the motor that is, you may be able to get 150 out of the tranny...depending on the millage

Old 10-02-2004, 12:30 AM

yea the motor is from a dx, 1.5 liter, freshly painted valve covers with new gasket kit, Clean motor

Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WEB SITE WHERE I CAN FIND ZC AXLES AND ZC INTERMEDIATE SHAFT?

Old 12-01-2006, 11:36 PM

I would suggest just buying the zc engine with the zc tranny. The 4spd (if you have an std)will hook up without a problem but you will be sorry you spent the time doing it. If you have an si stick with it and save your money. Dx is your call, but if its slipping at all or even needs a new clutch get the zc. Most engine/tranny packages come with the intermediate shaft, but make sure first. If you are using the zc tranny you will need 90-93 integra axles and if std hubs from the same year civic dx, or si(If you can buy the knuckles with them so you dont have to get them pushed in). I would suggest shopping through the forum classifieds(4gcivic.com, honda-tech.com, clubcivic.com, hondaforums.com), ebay, junkyards, and of course hondaautomotiveparts.com. Yeah the zc dohc does get about 130hp, but remember its at the flywheel not the wheel, so anyone thinking that they are going to hit 13's with a couple bolt-ons and no sweat should think again. But, coming from an std like I am and doubling your hp with the swap, on a car that needs the engine replaced soon anyhow, priceless. Also this is an easy swap but includes a dpfi to mpfi swap(dual port fuel injection-multi port fuel injection). You may want to get the si throttle cable(same year) so you dont have to fab one up. Ecus can be pm7, pm6, or pg7. pm7 from an integra is the most powerful. pm6 (same years)(from I believe civic is for economy. and the pg7 in for the zc and the best all around ecu. When finding one stay in your era, for obd reasons, it will make the swap easier. I think that about covers it. Check out those sites. Good luck.

Next time you have a question write your year, make, model, and trimline, along with the engine or tranny's. There are so many configurations out there its insane.

Quick Reply: Whats all needed for a Zc swap?