EG Swaps 1992-1995 Civics

To anybody with an H22

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default To anybody with an H22

how's the ground clearance with the oil pan and everything on your EG? I want an H22 swap, but I would like to keep my oil pan intact lol... my car's lowered around 2"to 2.5"... Ihave coilovers, so raising it up a little won't be a problem, but I like having the tires tucked a little lol

Old 08-10-2007, 10:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: To anybody with an H22

Im not 100% sure, but I think thats too low. I took a look at an Turbo H22A at a parts store last weekend and the oil pan was very close to the ground, like 2.5 inches. Although I cant say how much the car was lowered, just that it was in fact lowered.Sorry lol guess this doesnt really help you out, ask HCF member Method, he has a H22A hatch.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

What kind of mounts did that turbo H22company'sH22 have? Because different company's have their mounts position the engine in different ways.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

Hey man I told you how low mine was and my 14" knock off Rotas are tucked man. I have bout 2.5"/3" clearance with oil pan/dp. And if your on 17's tucked or whatever size you have, you'll be perfectly fine. Im on 14's tucked with an h22 swap and im straight.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

just raise it up to a one inch drop, and you'll be fine while going over average speed bumps. more power > less wheel gap

Old 08-10-2007, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 4doorcivic9

Hey man I told you how low mine was and my 14" knock off Rotas are tucked man. I have bout 2.5"/3" clearance with oil pan/dp. And if your on 17's tucked or whatever size you have, you'll be perfectly fine. Im on 14's tucked with an h22 swap and im straight.
i hope you know that's not good.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:43 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

hmm..tell me how exactly thats not good? My allignment is perfect, I have a camber kit so no inside balding to my tires and my axles aren't at an angle, Rides good, so tell me exactly how thats not good? And don't tell me b/c the oil pan has a 3" clearance. Myride heightis exactly how it was when I had my d-series. Also, if your slammed ej6buddy, you'd be surprised to see how low your oil pan was with your y8 if you actually measured it.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 AM
HCF Member

Im not sure of the mounts the Turbo H was using, I know they were not Hasport for sure, they were black and round.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Super Cereal Admin

okay, thanks everyone... I just went outside and measured... my d16z6's oil pan is just over 4" off the ground right now, and it hasn't hit the ground yet (*knock on wood*). I think I'll be fine with an h22 (provided I raise the car a little bit)...

actually, I might not be getting the swap after all... I think I finally convinced my parents to let me get a bike (Honda CBR600 RR). If they do let me get the bike, I'm not going to be able to afford the swap. And let's face it; what's more fun: a crotch rocket and"fast enough" civicor justa reallyfast civic?

Old 08-11-2007, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

hmm..tell me how exactly thats not good? My allignment is perfect, I have a camber kit so no inside balding to my tires and my axles aren't at an angle, Rides good, so tell me exactly how thats not good? And don't tell me b/c the oil pan has a 3" clearance. Myride heightis exactly how it was when I had my d-series. Also, if your slammed ej6buddy, you'd be surprised to see how low your oil pan was with your y8 if you actually measured it.
i wasn't refferring to your alignment, ride comfort, anything of that nature. i was refferring to the clearance issue. 2.5" is very close because you have to calculate the height of the compression of the springs and compensate your ride height to accomadate the clearance. your ride height might be the same as when you had your d series, but the H motor is tilted, leaving the exhaust and oil pan lower than usual. and i never said my car was "slammed", and i don't have a y8, but a y7. and i didn't have to check my oil pan and exhaust clearance because i don't have that problem, when my car 'was' lower, i at least had a half a foot of clearance. but now, since i'm running coilovers, my spring travel is way less than a stock setup, which allows me to drop it a lot further without any clearance issues.

Quick Reply: To anybody with an H22