EG Swaps 1992-1995 Civics

EG SWAP INFO NEEDED, I NEED EVERYONES INPUT SO THAT I CAN MAKE A STICKY ON THE GROCERY LIST!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Default EG SWAP INFO NEEDED, I NEED EVERYONES INPUT SO THAT I CAN MAKE A STICKY ON THE GROCERY LIST!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!! I am here trying to get input (from the experienced) on engine swaps for our 5th Gen's. Myself, I have a 1995 Civic CX Hatch and with a D15B7 implant (www.marcs95civic.piczo.com) and I am doing this to further understand about these swaps and so I can help out everyone else.

We need more of these swaps and the more swaps that are done, the more *** whoopin we can lash out at the Mustangs, Eclipses, WRX's, etc....So I appreciate the inputs and please, try to be precise as possible, read over your post before you publish it, just to make sure you got everything!!

The Models & The Engines:

CX
- D15B8 - Non-Vtec - SOHC
DX - D15B7 - Non-Vtec - SOHC
EX - D16Z6 - Vtec - SOHC
LX - D15B7 - Non-Vtec - SOHC
SI - D16Z6 - Vtec - SOHC
VX - D15Z1 - Vtec-E - SOHC

The Questions: (Well at least some for now)

1. Do all engines listed above fit in all the other models? Ex: B7 into Z6, Z6 into B7, Z6 into B8, B8 into Z6....catch my drift?

2. What engines are recommended for our 5th Gen setup? In other words, what Year/Make/Model do these engines have to come from.

3. What is needed from these vehicles in order to complete a full swap, ready for the road, daily driver or race ready?

4. What aftermarket performance parts can be installed after the completed task? In other words, since the engine position has changed, will a Cold Air Intake, Turbo, Headers, Intake Manifold (for example) that was meant to fit the original engine in the engine bay, fit the new engine in the engine bay? Or do you have to get it for another Year/Make/Model in order for it to fit properly.

5. What components off of my old engine can I use with the swap engine? Give details when writing the parts in. Ex: Header for D16Z6 fits D15B7, Header from D15B7 fits B18C1.

If more questions arise, I will post it in a new message. Thanks alot.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Default RE: EG SWAP INFO NEEDED, I NEED EVERYONES INPUT SO THAT I CAN MAKE A STICKY ON THE GROCERY LIST!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I thought I was about to read an advertisement.

All listed engines will swap into all listed chasis'.

D16Z6 is considered by many the best D-series engine, or at least the most practical to use. It needs to be turbocharged to compete.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: EG SWAP INFO NEEDED, I NEED EVERYONES INPUT SO THAT I CAN MAKE A STICKY ON THE GROCERY LIST!!!!!!!!!

ok #1 all the d series is interchangeable .so say i want d15b7 headers on a d16z6.they fit.#2 you can put almost any honda motor in h22, b series, and d series and other.#3 just as long as you know your not missing something.#4 i'm not sure on the other motors but the d series wont have any clearance problems.#5 all the d series is interchangeable,dosent interchange w/ b series = no d to b

Old 04-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Default RE: EG SWAP INFO NEEDED, I NEED EVERYONES INPUT SO THAT I CAN MAKE A STICKY ON THE GROCERY LIST!!!!!

Alright, we are getting somewhere now. Now, for the main questions that haven't been answered to the fullest.

2. What engines are recommended for our 5th Gen setup? In other words, what Year/Make/Model do these engines have to come from.

3. What is needed from these vehicles in order to complete a full swap, ready for the road, daily driver or race ready?

So for example:
2. B18C1 - 1994 - 1995 Acura Integra GSR

3. CV Axles, P28 ECU....stuff like that

Old 04-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Default RE: EG SWAP INFO NEEDED, I NEED EVERYONES INPUT SO THAT I CAN MAKE A STICKY ON THE GROCERY LIST!!!!!

no-one has any inputs?

Old 04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
HCF Member

holy color!!!!

Old 04-05-2007, 03:59 AM

Lmao, got any info to add?

Old 04-15-2007, 04:16 PM

Man, this is dead, anybody really do the swap?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:04 AM

This stuff has been discussed a million times, use the search feature.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:38 AM

It has been discused a million times is right, but in bits and pieces, in this thread and that. This thread allows someone to find out EVERYTHING in one thread without the need for searching the whole forum for the answers to their question. I know it and so does everyone else, if you have to start looking everywhere for answers, your going to get frustrated or even bored, then you wont have the patience to look for it and boom, another one bites the dust!!

Quick Reply: EG SWAP INFO NEEDED, I NEED EVERYONES INPUT SO THAT I CAN MAKE A STICKY ON THE GROCERY LIST!!!!!!!!!