Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

93 civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Default 93 civic EX

Hi guys, i dunno anything abt modding cars...but i would like to know more
I currently own a 93 civic EX, first i'd like to know does it has a VTEC engine coz it doesn't say so in the manual and I cannot find the engine number...
Second I would like to swap the engine since the current one is at 160 thousand already...what would be a good choice considering budget limit...
Thirdly my current civic is an auto...>_<...is there a way to convert it into manual...coz i heard it can be done but is it a very complicated and expensive job??

Tons of thanks if i can get answers from u guys!

Old 02-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Default RE: 93 civic EX

well first off if you may want to introduce yourself in the new member section. second, you might want to change your name to get any decent respect. looks like you just signed up here for a one time deal. third, at 160k miles you really dont need to swap the engine unless you want a more powerful engine. fourth, as far as switching from an auto to a manual, yes it is possible and would be much cheaper if you were able to do it yourself. and as far as being v-tec or not i'm pretty sure all ex models 92 and up are v-tec. if you look on the front of the engine (the left or right side) it will say like d16... or d15..... then you look that code up and it will say if its v-tec or not. and good luck, i hope you learn alot from this forum. there is much to learn from everyone here.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:58 AM

Thanks...maybe i should go to new members page first...thou my name seems so random...but actually it's my username for most of my acounts like emails and even for school. :P Thanks for answering my question anyway I hope to learn a lot from this forum also
Thanks

Old 02-13-2006, 03:17 PM
HCF Member

D16Z6

yes it is vtec

Old 02-13-2006, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

dont worry about your name, most people here are not so shallow as to judge you by your user name. after all it is YOURS, right? if you weant to go to new mwmbers for a shout, thats up to you, but you came for info, you did the right thing, i find most people in the newbie section dont post again, so i stick with the tech sections. welcome to hcf, and do not be afraid to ask your questions, dont let people intimadate you out of asking, the one question you dont ask could be the one thiong that makes your engine blow up some day...