Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Cold Air Intakes????

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:31 PM
HCF Member
Default Cold Air Intakes????

I am getting an intake system from a company called Race Tech. A guy with a small shop in town says it will put AEM to shame... Anyone heard of this company, and are they as good as he says they are?

Old 08-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Cold Air Intakes????

Never heard of them, so I'd tend to doubt what the guy says.. also, it's hard to put anyone to shame regarding an intake. Hell, you could probablyrun open throttle-body and still not see noticeable gains compared to aem, k&n, etc.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

^ Someone stole my ebayintakewith a k&n filter so I am using the open throttle body with a ghetto screen over it. I can't ****ing tell the difference.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Super Cereal Admin

^ ... how does one go about stealing an intake? Was that all that was taken (if that's the case, you're lucky)? And let me guess... it's a window screen, right? lol jk man.

But yeah, you're not going to be able to tell the difference between an AEM anda "Race Tech" intake... to be honest, I didn't notice anything when I upgraded from a Spectre to an AEM dry-flow.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

^ ... how does one go about stealing an intake? Was that all that was taken (if that's the case, you're lucky)? And let me guess... it's a window screen, right? lol jk man.

But yeah, you're not going to be able to tell the difference between an AEM anda "Race Tech" intake... to be honest, I didn't notice anything when I upgraded from a Spectre to an AEM dry-flow.
No, they stole my 7" touchscreen sterio, all my speakers, floor mats, spark plug wires, intake, kick pannels (aftermarket, they held speakers), and every cd I owned exept for two. Yea about $700 worth of stuff. I had it at a shop and they left it unlocked. And yes, yes it a window screen duck tapped on. Good guess. [8D]

Anyway thats getting really off topic. I am buying the aem v2 to replace my old short ram because two different sellers on ebay have trouble shipping the right intake to me so I got my money back from both and now I'm getting a real intkake.I will see if it accually helps or not soon.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:03 PM
HCF Member

Damn dude...I'd kill someone or the shop that did the work on your car. Anyway, I never heard of "Race Tech" either. And I seriously doubt it will blow any other known intake system out of the water. Intakes might help something out, but its not like putting a turbo on compared to an intake system, difference wise.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

Thanks guys, just thought I'd check it out. The guy has raced for a number of years in and around town, and he's fairly well respected, lol, but you never know eh. Unfortunately I missed out on shop class in highschool, so I'm learning as I go.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:33 PM
HCF Member

how much $$ was he asking for it? If its not too much and it's got a decent filter why not?

Old 08-22-2007, 09:04 PM

intakes are a waste of money, minimal gains even across the rpm range, if you want looks go spend that extra dollar, if you want cheap ez performance go buy a cheap intake from ebay and when its time to smog pput the stock oem back on.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Super Cereal Admin

^ two things...
1) intakes don't provide noticable gains. That doesn't mean it's not worth it. By that logic, you shouldn't get an exhaust or header, either.
2) Intakes have nothing to do with emissions testing. You'll pass with an intake anywhere.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intakes????