Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Cracked Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:59 PM
HCF Member
Default Cracked Radiator

I cracked the radiator on my 92 Si about 3 weeks ago and had a new one in the mail untill last night when the package got lost and I got a refund for the radiator.

Anyway, I have been topping the radiator and over flow tank up with water about 2 times a day since it cracked 3 weeks ago. My question is, should I buy an all aluminum radiator and wait another 8-10 days for it to get here and keep my car topped with water, or should I go buy an OEM radiator in the morning. Is it okay to let the car run on water for this long??

Old 07-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Cracked Radiator

well running it with water wont hurt the motor........ just as long as its not freezing up where your at now

just keep a strong eye on your temp gauge!!!!!!!
cracks dont get beter... they get worse.........

either way ya go... just be carefull driving not to heat the motor up.... and youll be fine. water wont hurt anything... radiator fluid is mainly something that wont freeze...... i run water in my impala alot in the summer cause i had so many radiator problems.... ya just have to remember to drain it out before it freezes......
just when refilling new radiator just poor in the radiator fluid alittle more pure.... that way it mixes about evenly with the water in the coolant lines and block... fairly easy.