Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

easy hp?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Default easy hp?

so i was pretty embarrassed a couple of months ago when i took my 94 civic in for emission testing. while the guy was testing my car on the dyno thing i saw him say "damn this thing has no *****" haha. any easy upgrades i could do to add some much needs hp? im getting ready to do the clutch here in a month or so so it would be the perfect time to do some more work. thanks

Old 02-20-2011, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

Not much you can do for noticeable hp in these little I4s. Not like a v8 where you throw a cam in it and it comes to life lol, for good power you'll need to either boost it or swap in a dohc, will yield much more hp stock.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:07 PM

will a full exhaust atleast help a little bit? ive got an intake on it thats it. the clutch is **** in it to. stock with 220k on it :x got one on the way already.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

What'd you go with for clutch?

And a header/exhaust will help, but honestly it won't give a ton. The butt dyno makes it feel like more than it is.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:27 PM

i picked up a stage 3. i ve had this car since i was 17 in high school. learned how to drive stick in it. ive wrecked it 3 times. a few months ago a cut off the entire front end and welded a new one back on a/c is all torn out ive changed the timing belt head gasket and one axle. but im replacing both axles when i do the clutch. ive found you can find some good deals on ebay : ) probably not the best but better than paying out the a**.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

What brand clutch?

I just bought a Stage 2 Competition of another member on here literaly 15 minutes ago lol. I hope you didn't get like an XTD or F1 clutch, that'll wear out so fast...

Old 02-20-2011, 07:47 PM

i read a lot of reviews before i bought the xtd like literally read for an hour. it wasnt much so it doesnt matter hopefully wont have it for more than another year and ill sell it to some mexican

Old 02-20-2011, 07:50 PM

that or it will get me through untill i have the spare cash the buy a better one. or ill get lucky and it will work like a dream. i wish the car was a coupe or a hatch and ide care more about keeping it but its a damn sedan.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:41 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by racon94lx
i read a lot of reviews before i bought the xtd like literally read for an hour. it wasnt much so it doesnt matter hopefully wont have it for more than another year and ill sell it to some mexican

Old 02-21-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by racon94lx
so i was pretty embarrassed a couple of months ago when i took my 94 civic in for emission testing. while the guy was testing my car on the dyno thing i saw him say "damn this thing has no *****" haha. any easy upgrades i could do to add some much needs hp? im getting ready to do the clutch here in a month or so so it would be the perfect time to do some more work. thanks
First of all, why do you care what the mechanic performing an emissions test says? You saw him say this? hmmm.... It has no "*****" because it is an economy vehicle.

There is nothing you can do for more power unless you boost the D. Otherwise, swap in a DOHC and a little more power can be had.

Quick Reply: easy hp?