Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Engine to body ground ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:48 PM
HCF Member
Default Engine to body ground ?

I am working on getting the easy stuff done for my wire tuck. Regardless of whether I swap or boost, I'm pulling the motor and the harness for a full tuck this summer. For now I am getting the easy stuff done, it'll get redone when I pull the whole harness, but I want it to look somewhat good until then. I unplugged my injectors and ran the wires under the fuel rail today, just simple stuff like that.

I want to redo the 3 grounds on my car (vc, tranny, neg battery). So I am going to pick up some 4 awg wire. Now should I get the audio type with the 100's of little strands? Or the 4 awg from my hardware store that has like 10 thicker copper strands? And I am going to run the vc ground on the back of the engine to hide it. Right below where the vc sits on the back of the head there's a threaded hole with nothing in it so I am probably going to put the ground on there. But from there I was looking where to go on the body. On the passenger strut tower there is a bolt right on the side, I think it is for the upper control arm? I was thinking of running the ground to that. But my question is can I take that bolt out or at leastback it off? Or is this something I'd have to remove my whole suspension assembly for. Or am I completely wrong what the bolt is for. If anything, I will just cut the ring connector and bend the terminas out so that i can get it on the bolt w/o completely removing it.

I can get pictures tomorrow if needed. Thanks for any help if anyone can provide it ha!

Why does every post I make turn out to be an essay...

Old 02-11-2010, 06:27 PM
HCF Member

Anyone?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scott53092
So I am going to pick up some 4 awg wire. Now should I get the audio type with the 100's of little strands? Or the 4 awg from my hardware store that has like 10 thicker copper strands?
Honestly, you should be fine with either. I have spare 4 gauge audio I had left from my sound system being used. I just went to Pepboys and got the ends that you clamp/squeeze on and put the bolts through it. Check out my project thread. I don't remember which page though.

On the passenger strut tower there is a bolt right on the side, I think it is for the upper control arm? I was thinking of running the ground to that. But my question is can I take that bolt out or at leastback it off? Or is this something I'd have to remove my whole suspension assembly for. Or am I completely wrong what the bolt is for.
I have no clue as to what that bolt is for. I do know what you are talking about though.

Why does every post I make turn out to be an essay...
Because you over think things (not necessarily a bad thing), and you don't search foo' j/k

Old 02-11-2010, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

I search a ton, all I do is look stuff up to learn all I can. I try to research before I post here so I don't look stupid lol.