Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Engine and exhaust problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:49 PM
HCF Member
Default Engine and exhaust problems

Lately, my car has been idling at 500 to 600 at this point the exhaust shakes really bad knocking on the rear bumper, but when my civic idles at 1000 its doesn't make the muffler go insane. Usually, this happens after I drive it for about 10mins or so and on top of that my muffler sounds like it has a leak because every-time I check the muffler tip seems like there is always liquid on the tip, which makes it sound like crap... Does anybody have this problem or know what's going on? Also, I changed my oil last week and I knowest that barely half a quart of oil came out. I did't see any leaks coming from the drain plug or the oil seal I replaced nor the oil filter. I don't know what's going on with my car besides the car is either dieing or eatting oil like crazy? [&:]

I drive a Honda Civic Ex 99. D16Y8

Old 04-05-2007, 02:24 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Engine and exhaust problems

There is a rubber part to the metal hanger on the back of you muffler holding it up it is probley torn or the metal hanger has rusted and your exhaust is lose.Does it seem like you car is burning oil out of the exhaust?

Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

hmm I'll have to check that part out.
I'm not sure, but I think it might be? Because when I drive it, it sounds like there's liquid coming from the exhaust u noe like a watery sound.. Usually, u can see some sort of liquid at the tip of the muffler.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:16 PM

What color is the liquid? Does the car smoke at all? Just plain water coming out of your exhaust is fine. That's just condinsation from your exhaust pipes being cold and then having hot gas past through them. Green liquid and you've either got a head gasket bad, or block/ head cracked. Black liquid (oil) and you could have a numpber of problems.
Did you not check your oil at somepoint before you changed it? If so was it low? If not maybe your car was cold when you changed the oil.Make sure you warm the car up some before you change your oil. It flows better that way.