Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

F**K OBX intakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Default F**K OBX intakes

F**K OBX intakes this thing is a pain in my @$$ I installed it yester day on my D15 in my 92 civic DX and every thing is to short now like all my vacuum hoses and my fuel line. To make things better the little orange plug in the top of my injector fell out and now I can’t find it. They kneed to give a recommended parts list with this product. I also have to get new bolts for my throttle body and fuel rail which I have an after market one I can use but it doesn’t have the mount for my injector wiring should I just zip tie this to the fuel rail? 2 bolts on the intake don’t want to fit because I have to file down the welds on the intake runners on cylinder 2 and 3. I am going to have to T off of a few vacuum lines because I don’t have enough ports this is sucking bad after I get it running this thing better perform good or its coming back off and meeting the hammer. I would recommend to any one thinking about a new intake manifold to get a skunk looks like a better quality intake I might end up replacing this with one.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Default RE: F**K OBX intakes

OBX sucks!!! Never buy anything from them again, and I also suggest you get rid of your OBX intake manifold for something quality.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Cat Fuсker

I had obx sprak plugs...they were good for 6 months...the only thing that you can buy from obx is an LSD...

Old 07-11-2006, 05:51 PM

Dude, get a Skunk2. Ive got one on my D15, and i love it.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:45 PM

Ya I couldn’t get one of the intake manifold bolts on and another barely fit and wont suck up all the way because it is getting hung up on a weld. Now I have the vacuum leak from hell and the motor revs to around 3,000 it was revving to around 5 or 6 but that was because I had a loose hose on my pressure regulator.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:24 PM
mxs
HCF Member

dude, just go back to stock, use this thing as a doorstop. it's just going to cause you more trouble.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:41 PM

Ya I found my vacuum leak it’s the intake gasket so I am going to get a new gasket and pout the old intake back on. I am sick of trying to make power with this D15 so I think I am just going to save for a D16Z6.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:04 AM

I'm partowner of an automotive machine shop and 40 years under my belt of engine building.. A few more things to check..
Doing a D16Z6, the customer looking to save $$ bought an OBX intake..
I advised him to return it as soon as I saw it but he insisted.. I too had to grind welds to get the retaining nuts to go on...
The relief for the injector does not line up with the relief in the head. I had elongate the bolt holes to get the manifold to correctly line up with the ports in the head..
Also, the rail that is welded to hold the fuel rail is not straight. Two of the injectors did not seat all the way down.. Had to cut it off realign it and reweld it..
If it was mine, I would have extrude honed the original and port matched it..
I will not put on any more OBX products in my shop..
Best of luck...

[IMG]local://upfiles/17018/8E2F629489B84490BB86869D0E2D532E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-25-2006, 09:05 AM
HCF Member

i guess you get what you pay for. lol.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:09 AM
HCF Member

All intake manifolds can be a bitch to install.........Im sure the fact of it being OBX doesnt help much.....THATS WHY THEYRE SO CHEAP!

Quick Reply: F**K OBX intakes