HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Got I/H/E what next? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/got-i-h-e-what-next-42402/)

Live_4it 04-16-2007 08:34 PM

Got I/H/E what next?

Now since Igot my intake, header, and exhaust upgraded I'm trying to decide what next to do to get more power out of my car. I'm trying to keep my car N/A with no turbo or nitrous, just looking for some ideas and must haves to accomplish this.

My next project to my car will be putting on a 4pc strut bar set to help it's stability...I've heard good things about the cheap sets on ebay for around $100, so I'll prolly do that. As far as more power goes I was dangling the idea of underdrive pulley's for awhile but keep hearing bad things aswell as good.

kokasian 04-16-2007 08:39 PM

RE: Got I/H/E what next?

cams are good...and the fact that you already have i/h/e will help the cams work to their full potential. an intake manifold and throttle body are good compliments to a cam

FlipHKD720 04-16-2007 08:45 PM

rims/tires ftw!

Live_4it 04-16-2007 08:57 PM

lol thanks Flip....looking for power though, i'm a power whore:D.

Thanks for the advice ummmm......(sorry can't type ur name) guy, is there one you should get befor the other? Like intake manifold then throttle body....etc.

Would a clutch kit such as an ACT with a nice flywheel help with getting my horsepower to the wheels better?

skateman190 04-16-2007 09:22 PM

go with a bigger size tb, then get a skunk 2 intake mai or sumthin like that, then go cams and new valvetrain depending what stage cam you use, then cam gears, etc.

4doorcivic9 04-16-2007 09:25 PM

Well I basically have all bolt ons possible on my car w/out going internally yet. Since you have the basic I/H/E. Next to get down the line should be skunk2 cam gear, unorthodox pulley set, skunk2 IM & TB, MSD igition, blaster coil, SCI (Sport Compact Igition) box, ACT or EXEDY clutch and 7.5lb Fidanaza flywheel, walbro 255lph fuel pump, maybe a APEXI VAFC controller, or you can just send your ecu off to hondata and let them do amazing things to your computer w/the air/fuel. Which the apexi vafc controller does that as well, along w/vtec and stuff. Get some bigger breaks, drilled slotted rotors, brembo brakes. Also, get a short throw..fidanaza makes a nice dual bend throw.

basically i just named off everything I have done to my car lol.

If your wondering what your car could run then with that stuff..I ran a 9.2 1/8th mile. my best w/straight bolt ons basically. Before I ran the Apexi I was running high 9's. so the whole messing and tweaking the air/fuel really helped out a lot.

I just bought some DR's (drag radials) so im hoping to get high 8's for sure.

FlipHKD720 04-16-2007 09:27 PM

short shifter and bushing are a good idea, maybe look into a weighted shift knob as well, i'm getting a GReddy weighted one so i could let you know how i like it if you want

what are your future plans? Turbo? If so, start savin up for that man

Live_4it 04-16-2007 10:00 PM

nah, i'm not going to go turbo for awhile. Once I'm out of college and get some decent cash coming in, i'm going to get another car and use this car asmy toy, maybe bring it to tracks and stuff. Just strictly N/A for now.

The unorthodox pulley set is a little more pricey than the AEM one, you think it is a better choice between the two? I don't play my audio really loud so I'm not afraid of my battery going dead, u haveing any issues with your pulleys4doorcivic9? I don't mind not haveing the a/c working while at a stop, just worried if they might ruin the engine.

Is it worth getting adif cam shaft for a SOHC engine? Even if it has v-tec

kokasian 04-17-2007 06:32 AM

yea, dollar for dollar, a cam is usually the best NA mod you can make. tuning might be in order after the cam though, if its too big for the stock fuel system

skateman190 04-17-2007 10:08 AM

yupp, new cam ftmfw!!!