Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

help some one please or everyone....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Default help some one please or everyone....

ok i have a 92 civic dx i'm new to the jdm i had a camaro for awhile.... well i don't know where to start i have been reading few things here and there is there any cheap mods i can do.... and also what would be better with a d15b7 engine.... mini me swap or a turbo kit????

Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

I just did a mini swap. I like it so far. But if you have the money I say go straight d16z6 top and bottom, and then turbo it. You can spend money like I did on intake and header for little gains. But if you want to turbo, there's no need in wasting your money on those things since they will be removed in order to turbo it.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:09 AM
HCF Member

mini-me then turbo don't waste your money on anything till you have made up your mind ive got a aem cold air intake and it was just a waste of money being that after i do my mini-me i have to change intakes anyhow. and don't get an exhaust till you decide on the turbo because you will have to change the header/manifold for it to be turboed

Old 01-21-2010, 03:44 PM

ok so mini-me then turbo it after i lower the compression in the cylinders...so no cold air intake or exahust yet... but would it be a good idea to get a catback or wait for that till after the turbo.... and is there anything else that i can do to it i have an automatic tranny...

Old 01-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Chubby Chaser

yes get rid of the auto tranny swap it to a manual, the auto trans will NOT hold up to turbo.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:03 PM
HCF Member

yup swap to a manual tranny and you can get a cat back exhaust.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:15 PM

ok so manual tranny swap... check.... ok now anyone have a step by step on how to do the mini-me swap... that way i don't mess something up... and what all can i do atm that would give me a hp that doesn't require any money spent on parts that i won't need later... or will need later... oh and forgot one last question.... the ecu.... which ecu should i get and how hard would it be to make it obd 2 for the ports to tune it....

Old 01-21-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by fowl04
ok now anyone have a step by step on how to do the mini-me swap
http://tinyurl.com/yzvkfoh

Old 01-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Chubby Chaser

you stay obd1, you will need a 92-95 civic ex or si ecu (p28) is the ecu needed.
you run 2 wires (vtec wires) to the new ecu.

#1: swap to vtec head first!
#2: swap to manual tranny (upgrade clutch to atleast a stage 1)
#3: do research on turbo kits
#4: Turbo
#5: Get ecu chipped and tuned

all aother engine mods will be pointless and a waste of money, example i wouldnt buy any cold air intake or header because it will need to come off and be useless when you turbo.

and if you have the money build up the block some; rods,pistons,oil pump and since you are already there i would go ahead and put new seals and bearings.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 PM

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=554053 ...... is that a good write up bc i looked and thats the only one that i found thats is very detailed and it pretty much helped me out on knowing what all i need and have to do...... bc the guy said he did that for around $550 is that a good price and would it be better to go dohc or just stay with the sohc

Quick Reply: help some one please or everyone....